Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Freaking Out! December 2013 Wedding

I'm looking for advice from any brides who were married in Philadelphia in December. Our wedding date is December 28, 2013 but my family has been warning me about the weather. Now I'm so worried that it's going to snow and half of our guests won't be able to come. 

If you got married in December, did it snow on your wedding day? And if so, how did you handle it? Thanks in advance!

Re: Freaking Out! December 2013 Wedding

• Options
    edited October 2012
    My cousin got married the week before Christmas about 2 years ago during that huge snow storm.  Some people obviously couldn't come but most did and it was beautiful.  Considering it snowed on Halloween last year, I wouldn't worry since there's nothing you can do besides either having a backup plan or changing the date.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My feeling is that you can't worry aobut the weather.  Things happen no matter what time of year - snow, hurricaines, floods.  It will be what it will be (at least, this is what I tell myself because we are getting married in Janaury 2013).  Who knows, it could be 70 degrees :) 
  • Options
    That's my birthday :-) And it rarely snows then, but with all this crazy weather lately who knows. Like PPs said, the weather is so unpredictable that you really can't plan for it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I didn't get married in December, but we were planning our engagement party on December 26, 2010. We booked a restaurant for our 50 guests and everything. But there was a huge snowstorm, so we had to reschedule the engagement party to a week later. Luckily our family and friends were ok with that - when we called.  They were actually quite happy, we didn't decide to continue with the engagement party during the snow storm.

I think, you can't really know how the weather going to be - considering that winter 2011 was great. No snow or any kind of storms. Just make sure, you have a back up plan though. We decided, we didn't want to risk it, so we had our wedding in May.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_freaking-out-december-2013-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:5f54335b-15aa-43cf-9012-1e5a6c39eb85Post:6b9dea5b-a942-43a0-a75d-06e07f361080">Re: Freaking Out! December 2013 Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My feeling is that you can't worry aobut the weather.  <strong>Things happen no matter what time of year - snow, hurricaines, floods.  It will be what it will be (at least, this is what I tell myself because we are getting married in Janaury 2013).</strong>  Who knows, it could be 70 degrees :) 
    Posted by laurbar12[/QUOTE]

This.  There's a beautiful video floating around (by one of those upscale wedding videographers) of a wedding that was supposed to happen in Cape May when Irene hit.  And I know someone who was supposed to get married this Saturday in LBI.   Something could happen at any given time, you just have to do your best to make arrangements/backups.  I will say to think about your guest list.  How many OOT-ers do you have?  Where will they be traveling from?  Would you be okay getting married if those people couldn't make it because of weather?  Just something to think about it/weigh while you're deciding.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was married last December 10th and I had absolutely no snow problems. At all. Actually, it was around 45 degrees and sunny. :) Weather is the only thing you can't control, so just relax. :) As long as you end up married at the end of the day, that's all that counts. Besides, it very rarely snows (with accumulation) around here until the end of January-March. 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards