Tennessee
Options

Gatlinburg as destination wedding?

Hi!  I am considering a destination wedding in Gatlinburg.  Is this a pretty area of Tennesee to get married or is there another area you would recommend.  We're from Indiana and thought that Tennesee would be pretty!  Any suggestions would be helpful! 

Re: Gatlinburg as destination wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im also thinking about a Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg wedding. I think its beautful down there! My FI and I went down there a couple years ago. For a weekend getaway and loved it. I told him i would LOVE to get married there. We are from Illinois, so its just something we are talking about and looking into. Only problem is the 8 hour drive for immidiate family. Do some research online. You can see how nice it is there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree--the Smoky Mountains are beautiful! The city of Gatlinburg itself is a little touristy, but there are a lot of secluded cabins, lodges, and other venues in the area.

What part of Indiana are you from? My whole extended family is in Terre Haute, and my sis is in school in Indy.
  • Options
    wallace101610wallace101610 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The good thing about Gatlibnburg is it is totally built for weddings. There are tons of cabins that will do the whole deal for you. Google and you will find tons of info. It is really pretty here, but it does get a little touristy in the city. I live about 40 minutes away, so let me know if you want oppinions on any specific spots.
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • Options
    ATRS525ATRS525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doing lots of research through google!  There are tons of places that do pop up.  One of my top choices right now which actually is closer to knoxville is Ridge Valley Farms.  It looks gorgeous!  Have you heard of that?  I am finding lots of log cabins, but not a whole lot on bigger reception sites for about 75 people.

opalsky007.... I actually do live in Indy!  I just applied for graduate school in Terre Haute also!
  • Options
    mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gatlinburg is a wonderful place to get married and there are tons of options for weddins, from getting married in your honeymoon suite with just the two of you or something larger. My FI and I researched extensively when we pushed our date back to do Gatlinburg, and honestly we found several we liked, for similar prices and packages. Also check out pigeon forge, which is cheaper and less touristy. Unless you like that!
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I live in the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area, and searched all the Gatlinburg chapels.  They are beautiful, but watch for the amount of people you are able to have.  That's the problem I had, since I'm having 60-70 people.  You may want to look at Samson's Hollow, the Lily Barn, or Butterfly Gap Retreat.  Townsend TN is beautiful, and out of the touristy area.  It's near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.  Good Luck!

• Options
    ATRS525ATRS525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your suggestions!!  Very helpful!!
  • Options
    mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Barbara brings up a good point, a huge majority of the chapels in Gatlinburg are for small, intimate weddings.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this helps, but we are having a small intimate wedding (just us, my parents and a close friend), and we are heading to Gatlinburg for a long weekend. We're from the Cincinnati area and have been down to Gatlinburg before and love it.
    Because it's just 5 of us, we went with Above the Mist Wedding Services and have booked our Mountain View ceremony, a cabin for us all to stay in and they take care of the finer details.
    I think it will be wonderful and I can't wait! The mountains in April.. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey !!! Im getting married in Sevierville ... at Bluff Mountain Inn ... Oct 1 2010 ... Its so beautiful ... if your interested check them out ...
  • Options
    kmcconnell105kmcconnell105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having ours at Chapel at the Park. We are from Michigan and have been planning it for a yr. We have been down there twice to go over the details. I was able to find most of what I needed for planning our wedding through.
    pigeonforge.com
    and
    gatlinburg.com
    and
    Chapelatthepark.com
    and
    jacksonmountain.com
    If you are sending out save the dates or you can put them on your invites include the two city websites. They are awesome for listings attractions and accommodations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards