New Jersey
Options

THE MANOR, WEST ORANGE

Hey im getting married at the manor in west orange!! has anyone been to a wedding there or is having their wedding there?! Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: THE MANOR, WEST ORANGE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes to both of your questions!  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Peaches I should have known you'd be the first to answer this :)

Yes LilGee I am getting married there too, this September! Which room are you getting married in and who are you working with?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married there on April 9th. We couldn't have been happier!
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look down a few posts, there is a post about the Manor I think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_manor-west-orange-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:68ed07e5-929e-4e36-9881-ed962c4d660aPost:962ed6a2-3482-4ee3-b4e2-915756c26d45">Re: THE MANOR, WEST ORANGE</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look down a few posts, there is a post about the Manor I think.
    Posted by Reilly626[/QUOTE]
    Yes, one that couldn't be more negative because girls went there for a visit and didn't like it for one reason or another.  The OP said she's getting married there so why would she want to look at negative reviews from people who opted not to get married there?

I had horrible experiences at various venues that I visited that get rave reviews here and I'm pretty sure that the girls who are getting married at those venues couldn't give a crap about my negative experience during a tour.  We all like and dislike different things about venues, we all have had different experiences during venue visits, and we all have different tastes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married there April 9th too and have nothing but good things to say! And don't worry about running into other brides because I didn't see jrgoogrl all night (unfortunately!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the imperial room and working with jimmy!! =) ahh soo excited!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thats great!! now im super excited to get married!! im glad nothing but good things! did any1 get the wedding cake that comes with the venue? .. if so was it good, and were you able to pick it out the way you want.. fondant, colors, etc.? or is it just a generic cake?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_manor-west-orange-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:68ed07e5-929e-4e36-9881-ed962c4d660aPost:163f5813-4422-49f0-9215-e17b3f9f0398">Re: THE MANOR, WEST ORANGE</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE MANOR, WEST ORANGE : Yes, one that couldn't be more negative because girls went there for a visit and didn't like it for one reason or another.  The OP said she's getting married there so why would she want to look at negative reviews from people who opted not to get married there? I had horrible experiences at various venues that I visited that get rave reviews here and I'm pretty sure that the girls who are getting married at those venues couldn't give a crap about my negative experience during a tour.  We all like and dislike different things about venues, we all have had different experiences during venue visits, and we all have different tastes.
    Posted by peaches178[/QUOTE]
    Well said, Peaches.

I had my reception at The Manor this past December and I was very happy.  Everyone was so nice and accomodating.  I had a wonderful experience working with Roman and Preston.   
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have a portfolio you can look at to choose your cake style, then you choose colors etc. Unfortunately they don't offer fondant, but I've seen some beautiful buttercream cakes!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got our cake from there. I thought it was nice, but we just wanted something simple! Here's a pic. EDITED: I should probably mention that we coordinated with our florist to provide the flowers. .
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  My reception is at The Manor as well :)  We are working with Roman and have nothing but excellent things to say!  Good luck with everything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi all, my name is alyson and i'm getting married in october and was engaged last june. i haven't done much posting so i thought i'd introduce myself.  we are getting married at the manor and  we are so excited :) we are working with roman and have the imperial room.  my parents have eaten there several times over the years and say the food is fantastic!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_manor-west-orange-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:68ed07e5-929e-4e36-9881-ed962c4d660aPost:49d13b75-e091-4cca-9dac-9eba08d32544">Re: THE MANOR, WEST ORANGE</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi all, my name is alyson and i'm getting married in october and was engaged last june. i haven't done much posting so i thought i'd introduce myself.  we are getting married at the manor and  we are so excited :) we are working with roman and have the imperial room.  my parents have eaten there several times over the years and say the food is fantastic!!
    Posted by alykat216[/QUOTE]
    Hi Alyson!  I am an October Manor bride as well :) October 1st.  When is your wedding?  Same here with the food...we eat there every so often and we are always pleased!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm october 15th, what room are you in? it was the first place we went to and i teared up when i walked into the room and looked at the sweatheart table, so i just knew.  my mom walked out of the office and said, "ok where do we sign?" haha.  i went to one more place but then cancelled all my other appointments and booked it. 
  • Options
    StefaniBelStefaniBel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Manor on Oct 15th also!!!

I loved the Manor since the beginning when we were parking the car for our first appointment there and I saw the outside.  I remember thinking "Inside has to be really bad in order to me not to like this place". Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahhh, that is awesome! i felt that way too and there were like 2 horse and carriages parked right out front which made it more fairy tale like, i was sold! haha
  • Options
    alileigh412alileigh412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sooo glad this was posted!
    I have yet to make an appointment to "see" the Manor but I as well have had dinner there in the past. When I was a little girl, it was my dream location. 
    I'm calling to make an appointment right now! LOL!
  • Options
    alileigh412alileigh412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wasn't kidding... my appt is saturday at 9:30am...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at The Manor in October. I don't have one complaint about it. everything was beautiful.  We also had the Imperial Room. Great choice Wink.  There is such a different feel at night from when you see it during the day.  Feel free to PM with any questions. Good luck! 

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    speidelm I love your cake!!!!!!! Was this in their catalog or did you bring a picture in?
    What flavors did you do?

We are getting marred in the Imperial Room on September 2, working with Preston. So excited!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahhhhhhhh!! ok now that EVERYONE has nothing but good things to say im getting even more excited! i went today to sign my contract !! =) june 3, 2012 !! cant come soon enough!! now for all the other decisions!! hehe. You guys will have to keep in touch and let me know how your weddings go!! =) congrats to all us
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im getting married in the Imperial room!! i love the outside water falls!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_manor-west-orange-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:68ed07e5-929e-4e36-9881-ed962c4d660aPost:9bc60ef5-19e6-4ec3-ac13-7478537a64cb">Re: THE MANOR, WEST ORANGE</a>:
    [QUOTE]i wasn't kidding... my appt is saturday at 9:30am...
    Posted by alileigh412[/QUOTE]

you will love it!!! have fun :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_manor-west-orange-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:68ed07e5-929e-4e36-9881-ed962c4d660aPost:d49d12e5-635c-47c3-baa6-bbc482d343f8">Re: THE MANOR, WEST ORANGE</a>:
    [QUOTE]im getting married in the Imperial room!! i love the outside water falls!!!
    Posted by LiLgEe[/QUOTE]

me too!! i cannot wait to see it at night and take pictures in front of it!
  • Options
    SmidgerSmidger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks to everyone who has commented on this post! It's been a rough few weeks and I really needed something to make me smile and get me excited for the wedding again! This post has done the trick!

We're having our reception at The Manor on July, 30 in the Virginian Room. With just under 3 months to go, we are almost ready to go back to do our menu and cake! We can't wait! We've been working with Rolf and couldn't be happier with all of our experiences. And even when I have called and spoken to someone else, they are always super nice and accommodating. I had to laugh when I read the other post about The Manor b/c our tour took over an hour and played a large part in us choosing them for our wedding. 

Everyone's comments here have reaffirmed all my reasons for choosing The Manor for my special day! Thank you all so much!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    ginabean82ginabean82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Manor as well!  But not until April 27, 2012.  It was by far the nicest place we looked at.  We are working with James, and I'm not too fond of him, but other than that I'm really excited about it!  Especially with hearing all these good things about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent them a picture of the cake and they replicated it pretty closely! I let my husband pick the flavors so he did a rum infused cake with bananas and french custard I think and then another layer was white cake with strawberries and french custard. It was pretty good, but I have to admit that I only had that one bite when we cut the cake! We were in the Viriginia Room too and LOVED it! It looked so pretty all set up! I wouldn't worry too much about the other post... I didn't even want to comment because people are always overly critical of venues that aren't theirs and always overly defensive of venues that are. We LOVED The Manor and everything about it and had no problems with them so just relax and let them do their thing. They will do anything to make you happy. We joked that their motto was "Whatever you want". We got a ton of upgrades and the day of the wedding they made sure we were satidfied with everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of upgrades did you get day of? Did you ask for them or did they just 'happen' haha? Were you able to do a cake tasting beforehand or just pick the flavors? Thanks for all your help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards