Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

How many Guests are you Inviting?

Yes...I have work to do but I'm a having a "I don't feel like working right now..." moment.

How many people are you inviting to your wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many Guests are you Inviting?

• Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    We had 180 on the original list, our final list has 131. Thank god. How about you Bliss?
  • Options
    Our venue's minimum is 150... we can also only afford 150. We don't know exactly how many to invite because we don't want to end up under the minimum, nor can we pay for more than 150. We might be able to afford up to 160 but it would be pushing it. Some of FI's family is from OOT and likely won't come, especially his cousins with children since we're not inviting kids to the wedding. I think once I get an idea of who is on the guest list, and who is likely to come, I'll decide on the final number to invite.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have 256 on our list. 
  • Options
    We've got 205, not including kids on the list right now.  We're not inviting a lot, only fiance's sisters kids.  I don't expect my firm's partners to make the trek to Philly and we're discounting about half of our friends down here in Charlotte from making the trip.  Although a good number of them grew up in Philly (hence why we're friends here in Charlotte) so that could change.  I think if it ended up around 170 that would be ideal. 
  • Options
    Our list is in the 180 range right now.  We'll likely add another 15-20 by the time the wedding rolls around next summer, and we want to wind up right @ 175.
  • Options
    I have 185 on my list..I am hoping for atleast 150 people.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're inviting 100, our venue can accommodate 150 but FI wants a small wedding so we compromised.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're trying to keep our guest count as small as possible - since we're paying for everything. We are anticipating 80-100 guests. I just sent all invites out today, so we'll see how many RSVP... our venue requires a minimum of 80, so that's what I'm hoping for :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_how-many-guests-are-you-inviting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:aba1d0b5-8271-4c28-b570-e5fb8e8e495fPost:72c0b009-d6c2-4491-9d24-6abd73f35f9f">Re: How many Guests are you Inviting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had 180 on the original list, our final list has 131. Thank god. How about you Bliss?
    Posted by Teep[/QUOTE]

FI has 250 on his list alone...but that's not happening. We will probably invite 170 people, hoping for a final guest count of 150.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_how-many-guests-are-you-inviting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:aba1d0b5-8271-4c28-b570-e5fb8e8e495fPost:6395c827-a1cb-4049-8cc4-d671ad499764">Re: How many Guests are you Inviting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're trying to keep our guest count as small as possible - since we're paying for everything. We are anticipating 80-100 guests. I just sent all invites out today, so we'll see how many RSVP... our venue requires a minimum of 80, so that's what I'm hoping for :)
    Posted by tdmaus[/QUOTE]

Yaaay! You sent your invites out today...You should have "bragged" on here about it...remember bragging is a good thing on here :)   I'll say it first "Congratulations for checking that off your list!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_how-many-guests-are-you-inviting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:aba1d0b5-8271-4c28-b570-e5fb8e8e495fPost:3bb1ce85-53eb-43bd-b971-cac7babcd45d">Re: How many Guests are you Inviting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many Guests are you Inviting? : Yaaay! You sent your invites out today...You should have "bragged" on here about it...remember bragging is a good thing on here :)   I'll say it first "Congratulations for checking that off your list!"
    Posted by BlissPhilly[/QUOTE]

Hahaa... i guess, i should have bragged! :)
    Thanks! I'm curious to see how many people are going to RSVP...
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    had26had26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I think our list is around 175 right now.  Hoping for 150-160 total.  Really don't want more than 160 and I think we will be fine.
  • Options
    We invited 150. 126 came. Believe it or not we had more local declines than OOT. We made our minimum by 1 which was perfect! But we only invited close people no coworkers or randoms who were not likely to come.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    I think we have 135 on our list right now, but I know that's going to change.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We have 225 on the list right now, but that's including a few of my and my fiance's coworkers (+1) that will likely not come to Philly for the wedding. I'm hoping for the final count to be under 200, hopefully closer to 175. 99% are OOT, and we aren't inviting kids either, so I anticipate a pretty high percentage of "No" replies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is me and my FI second wedding so we want it to be small and intimate. Right now we are at about 80.

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Right now our preliminary guest list has 114 (122 with infants and children). We anticipate 98 with a venue minimum of 100. 

The vast majority of my family and friends are from California, but I don't think that will affect my list too much. I might invite some of the attendings (right now I have only included NPs and their +1).

We're hoping to keep it between 100-120.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We invited 202 and our final count is 163.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're inviting 196 including kids and hoping for around 170 people to come.
  • Options
    We have a preliminary 'final' list and we're around 154 guest. FI has mostly OOT family so we're anticipating a lot of them not coming. We're hoping for around 125. Our venue doesn't have a minimum but the maximum is 200.

We booked the date on Sunday at the venue and put down the deposit.
    Date is March 23, 2013!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    No idea yet but it's looking like it will be in the ballpark of 150.
  • Options
    We invited 86, and hope to have between 70 - 80.
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have 220 on our list (but that's because we have kids invited as well). I am a little nervous about how many people will actually show up. I would like about 150, but think it's going to be more like 180.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards