Ohio-Cincinnati

My photographer just cancelled - Help!!

So.. our wedding is 6-9-12 in Oxford/Fairfield. When I started looking for photographers over the summer I got a ton of great suggestions on the knot and otherwise and found someone in our budget we loved. We have scheduled our e-pics for october 16th, and I got an email today that she is cancelling due to pregnancy.... I'm FREAKING out. 99% of the people I emailed previously months ago were already booked for my date because apparently the entire cincinnati area is getting married on 6-9-12.
Here's what we need:
budget $1000.
Needs: 2pm-10pm so about 8 hours give or take.

Any Suggestions would be MUCH appreciated! However I guess I can't complain too much because this is the first real snag I've hit in planning :(

Re: My photographer just cancelled - Help!!

• utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why the HELL did she not realize this was going to happen?? I'm so sorry!! Inlight Photography Studios! We are getting a CD with every photo and 6 hours for $1100. CALL them.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_photographer-just-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:54cf1161-f0b5-42da-a39c-c37f35a11308Post:7dbf6d43-7d65-4b16-b6a2-038d5d63274a">Re: My photographer just cancelled - Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why the HELL did she not realize this was going to happen?? I'm so sorry!! Inlight Photography Studios! We are getting a CD with every photo and 6 hours for $1100. CALL them.
    Posted by stefwhitney[/QUOTE]

apparently they had been trying for a long time and it was unexpected.. I mean I'm glad for her but at the same time I'm really upset because I had everything planned out with her.. at any rate do you have any contact info for them? I work nights at the hospital so I can call/email late at night and try to play phone tag during the day! :)
    edited December 2011
    Sooo I thought this was the October board, that's why I was so shocked. I thought your wedding was in October and she's just now telling you she can't do it! Lol.

With that being said, I understand now. 

Justin and Nadine Deetor
    They are located out of Eastgate Mall
    Their number is: 937-776-1413
    GL!
  • dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Inlight Photography Studios! When we met with Justin (his wife, Nadine, was sick so we didn't get to meet her) we absolutely loved him & knew he was the perfect match for our wedding day! Definitely give him a call, GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    I love them!! :) PP, aren't you the one using voice if America park too? (if not, my bad) lol
  • katiebean1katiebean1 member
    edited December 2011
    I am using Melissa from A Lot Like Love Photography CLICKY...she is awesome.  I cannot wait to do our epics on 10/6 and her prices are very reasonable!
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_photographer-just-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:54cf1161-f0b5-42da-a39c-c37f35a11308Post:6f33442a-7e79-42bf-855d-051afff3a814">Re: My photographer just cancelled - Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sooo I thought this was the October board, that's why I was so shocked. I thought your wedding was in October and she's just now telling you she can't do it! Lol. Posted by stefwhitney[/QUOTE]

Haha, this made me laugh! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_photographer-just-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:54cf1161-f0b5-42da-a39c-c37f35a11308Post:cc7acfbc-e84a-4b36-9fd1-c5bc806ab331">Re: My photographer just cancelled - Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My photographer just cancelled - Help!! : Haha, this made me laugh! :)
    Posted by mumel16[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Lol. Obviously I had a blonde moment. ;)

</div>
  • andrearae0620andrearae0620 member
    edited December 2011
    if she's available, check out rachel spears photography. she's shooting my wedding in may and every time she posts new stuff, i get more and more excited. she's just a few hundred more than your budget but TOTALLY worth it.
  • edited December 2011
    We hired Chris Shenton for our engagement/wedding photography. Couldn't say enough good things about him. Check him out: www.shentonphoto.com
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info ladies! I don't know why but seriously 50% of photographers i Contact are already booked on 6-9-12. Arghhhhh.
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    This exact thing happened to me 2 months before my 9-10-11 wedding. Needless to say it was a real challenge to find someone, and we ended up having to almost double our photography budget. I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Good luck, the good thing is you have time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kari06_12kari06_12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One Love Photography:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One-Love-Photography/189789304369402

Similar thing happened to my sister in law and Sheena pulled thru a couple months before the wedding and really delivered!  Now she has a co-photographer, prices are around $1200, but she's probably willing to work with your budget!!

You poor thing , I hope you find someone, I'm sure it will alllll work out eventually!!  Sorry you have to deal with this though!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions :) I"ve contacted them all! ha. I'm hoping someone works out, I loved Rachael Spears but I'm trying to adjust our budget to make it work. we'll see.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are still looking for a photographer def check out www.nvisiblephoto.com! They take beautiful pictures that last a lifetime! :)
  • Hoff81Hoff81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you found anyone yet , but we are using Anthony from Precious Memory Creations photography. He's done several of my friends weddings and they all turned out beautiful. He's got some packages below $1,000 , that aren't on his website and I've been told he's easy to work with. I've read all his reviews on wedding wire too. 
    Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards