South Carolina-Charleston

Best restaurants for an elopement dinner?

My fiance and I are eloping on a Friday in Sept in Charleston and we're looking for a nice place to have a dinner for 15 people total, which includes 3 children, between the ages of 7 to 11.  Any suggestions for places that are really nice with a kids menu/kid friendly? I've looked online at Halls Chophouse and they seem to have great reviews....and Southend Brewery & Smokehouse??

Re: Best restaurants for an elopement dinner?

• Food at Southend is not that great. Go somewhere with a nice water view, Fleet Landing is great - awesome seafood, better than hymans or awshucks. Fleet has several long tables and we've had a very large group eat there. Plus they have some parking. Rue de Jean is very good (they do have amazing hamburger and fries kids would love). Be sure to make reservations in advance!!
  • I agree. Southend's food is not great. My favorite is McCradys. Also check with Blossoms because I think they have a really cool front room that they reserve for parties like that. It's right next to the street with big windows. Those are more on the upscale style though.
  • I live down town and can say that Hall's is high class all the way and they have great food and impeccable service. (usually live music as well). Hall's more than any other place will ensure you are treated like VIPs on your big night. Southend is more like TGIFridays so not even comparable.  

Also consider: Charleston Grill- fanstastic food and jazz, also great service. You won't be rushed at either of these places and they will make sure the event it special.

• Thanks for all the suggestions!  I'm leaning more towards the Magnolias/Blossoms restaurants since we finalized on White Point Gardens.  I still haven't booked anything yet, so if anyone has anymore suggestions, please share! Thanks!
  • The red velvet bread pudding at Blossoms is to die for!  They are both wonderful choices, but I think Blossom is my favorite for that reason. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards