October 2012 Weddings

QOTD (1/30)

So I thought that these might be a fun way to get to know each other. 

How did you and FI meet?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD (1/30)

• FI and I met on my first day at work.  He started about 3 years before I did.  I applied for the job on a whim, not expecting to get the job at all but was interviewed and accepted the offer.  When I came to work that first day, my supervisor brought me around to meet everyone in the department and there he was.  The first thing I thought was "Holy crap! I have to work with this guys..He's hot!"
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • FI and I met through an online dating site, okcupid.com.

He sent me a message and within a week we were having 2 hour phone conversations. We met a week later and the rest is history. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We met our freshman year at college. We were both in the band and so had to be there a week before classes started.  Though we were in the band together I didn't really know his name, I just saw him on the practice field and in the practice room.  There was a girl who had come early to work in the cafeteria. We became fast friends and when the other freshman moved in, she went and knocked on every door on her floor introducing herself.   By the time I caught up with her she had already made it through the entire girls wing and most of the guy's wing.  One of the last doors belonged to a couple guys I knew were in the band.  So I officially got to meet them then.  

One of the guys is now her husband and the other is my FI!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We met in child development class in college. I knew there was something about him I liked the first time we met the only problem was we were both in relationships at the time. The next semester we again had the same class, in the same room with the same teacher but this time we were single. We started hanging out and skipping class together.. 8 years later we are still together and still best of friends.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We met at a wedding. Took him all night to ask me for a dance, the rest is history. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • We met the summer before sixth grade and "dated" then. We've been together on and off since then. We split for a long time during college and both went different directions. We needed time to grow up and find ourselves. Still we couldn't seem to stay apart. We got back together about 2 1/2 years ago and have been together ever since. We've lived together for about 2 years now.   :)
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We meet on Match.com.  I found him and we started chatting online for about a week and then on the phone.  We talked every day and almost all night for about another week and had our first date two days before Thanksgiving.  The day after Thanksgiving, we were officially together :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • We met online (Plenty of Fish). I messaged him because he was one of the few guys that seemed to have his life together (job, owned a condo, dog, etc) and he actually put effort into his profile. We messaged and eventually e-mailed back and forth for about two weeks before meeting.
    Anniversary
  • I guess mine is pretty typical. We met..in a bar. When I was in college I liked to go out dancing at the local bar thursday-saturday. I had never seen him or noticed him but he said he went a lot. Anyways that day I had went and bought a new outfit because I wanted to look extra hot for some reason. I guess because the guy I liked at the time was never going to be 'available' and I decided I was done and that I was going to just be me and stop wasting my time on someone who can't be committed. So I was there with my friend and her cousin and he was standing in the doorway. My friend and her cousin started talking about his butt or lack thereof..whcich idk maybe it was his jeans bc he has a butt..but I had had my back to him so I hadn't seen him and he went down the hall that's why they noticed and started talking so I ran around the corner to peek haha. Finally when he came back they were still running their mouth and I was all 'shhh he's going to hear you!' He turned around because he did and we all began a conversation (them putting the blame on me when I was the one telling them to hush) Needless to say we talked for about 20 mins. Then he went up to the bar and sat down and I realized how rude I was that I didn't tell him my name and didn't ask his so I went and sat down by him and properly introduced ourselves and exchanged numbers (only I accidentally gave him the wrong number because I had just had my number changed that week and when I looked at his I wrote his first 3 digits with my last 4..oops! A week later I finally called him since I couldn't figure out why he hadn't called me since he did seem interested and we met up at a little snack bar restaurant where he was and I gave him my correct number (and felt like an idiot) the rest is history :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We met a a bar. Romantic, I know. I was cocktail waitressing on the weekends to make extra $$$ while i had an unpaid internship at a hospital, so I was used to getting hit on 50 times a night. He was there for his buddy's birthday and tried to flirt with me and asked for my number, and I automatically said no like always. He kept at it though and after about the 5th time I was like, "Eh. He's cute. What the hell." So I gave him my number and we later found out we had a ton in common. And now 4 years and 2 dogs later, we're engaged! :)
  • My FI and I met in college - physics class/lab. We were lab partners and eventually when he realized how much I suck at physics (haha) he asked me if I would like to meet up to do homework and study together. I was so relieved because I had no idea what I was doing!! It started out so innocent because he was in a relationship! But then I really started to like him (I was single but behaved myself haha). But then he came back single after winter break!! We still hung out to do homework and study and started dating in February. We were in an official relationship by April! We have been together almost 6 years now and I can't wait to marry him!! :)
  • We met through my cousin on my sister's birthday in a bar, lol.
    My cousin came out with him, i thought he was a stuck up jersey boy but i flirted with him anyway, at the end of the night my cousin randomly was like you should take him as your date to the wedding (i had a wedding the next day) and i was like thats rude i rsvp'ed for one, but i had a wedding in a month to go to and I asked him to be my date, he said yes, we saw eachother 2x in b/t that night at the bar and the wedding and have been together ever since....

FI still says to this day he was set up, but i only asked my cousin if he had any cute friends and i didnt know he was bringing him out that night...but it all worked out=)
  • So many great stories!

My FI and I met at work. We both worked in a call center that the seating was 1st come 1st serve.  At the time I was working 2 jobs, and in the mornings I worked as a housekeeper and I was running late that day. When I got in, the computer I normally sat at with my friends had already been taken. I ended up having to sit at a computer on the other side of the floor. There was this guy sitting at the other computer in the cubicle. He was leaned back as far as the chair would go, his feet up on the desk, & he was sleeping! I just rolled my eyes and started working. Somehow he managed to wake up enough to take his calls, then go back to sleep. After abount an hour I hear him ask me about my tattoo I have on my back. We started talking about tattoos. At one point he mentions he has a girlfriend, so I just kind of blow him off after my shift.

However, the days to follow our paths seem to always cross. Either in the break room, going to the elevator. My friends kept telling me he had a thing for me, but I kept telling them that he had a girlfriend. It wasn't until just before Halloween that he made a point to come tell me that his girlfriend just broke up with him that I thought maybe my friends were right. But I was NOT going to be the rebound girl.  So we started talking more and I even invited him to my 21st birthday party. We've been together since.
    October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • We met on eharmony. He was actually the first one to start talking to me. We emailed several times a day for 2 weeks and then went on our first date.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my fi and i met via myspace. it was right before it got popular. i refused to give him my number because it was during that time when meeting online was considered a bad thing, so for several months we would talk via AIM or myspace messages. finally he asked to go on a date, so i gave him my number and we set the first date for that friday. we had fun on the date, and while we were in the car, his nextel push to talk came up. His friends didnt believe he was on a date so they decided to make cat calls, and sex noises. He started to blush and rushed them off the push to talk. It was after seeing his reaction that i knew from that moment on he was the one for me. two weeks later he asked me to be "the first lady of the republic of the Ron". lol cheesy I know but its part of who he is and what i love about him. 7 years later we are still happily together.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited January 2012

I loved reading all of these!  Cathy, thank you for the awesome question.  It's so interesting how many couples meet online in some way - so inspiring :)

FI and I met through a mutual friend at a big weekend party at a friend's ranch.  He'd just moved from up north, and she was the only person he knew in town.  She brought him so he could meet everyone, and he was the life of the party!  I was in a relationship, but we definitely became friends.

A year and a half later, I was single, and we started hanging out as friends at first.  I didn't want a 'rebound', but he was persistent, and we dated after about three months.  He has since confessed to carrying a torch since the day we met...  We officially started dating in February of 2009.  If you look at the date of when I joined The Knot, you can see that I knew pretty quickly that he was "The ONE"! 

• We met originally in high school (FI used to call me a "Smurf" whenever he would see me in the halls or in the store that he worked in -I guess he decided I was Smurf-like because I'm short and I wore a lot of blue?). We started hanging out in college our Freshman year. He asked me out officially in March of '06 and we've been together since!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • We met in college. He was 2 years ahead of me. MY roommate(and best friend) was dating his best friend, so we would always get paired up when we all went out or hung out. About a year after meeting, we started dating, and a few months later our friends broke up, but we stayed together! We made trough 2 years of long distance, getting him trough medical school, me through nursing school, and now we're finally getting married! 
    for siggy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-130?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:0301a828-bacd-48d9-9cd2-0783fd7a18fbPost:b6ed4a51-0341-4b63-8030-7b84ec0a923d">Re: QOTD (1/30)</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I met through an online dating site, okcupid.com. He sent me a message and within a week we were having 2 hour phone conversations. We met a week later and the rest is history. :)
    Posted by aimee58[/QUOTE]

FI and I met through OKCupid, too! It was actually my first time ever using an online dating site, and he was the first guy who messaged me.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • We met senior year of college. One of my roomates was dating on of his and we all lived in the same apartment complex. Ah college was fun. We only dated casually in college and when we graduated I was devestated because I didnt know if I'd ever see him again!  But we kept in touch and became serious soon after. I moved to Beijing with him for three months for his job and when we came back we moved in together and have been living together for 5 and a half years. 
  • We were penpals set up by his Mom's bestfriend! We never believed in long-distance relationships but they can work!

Fiance was in AZ, and I was in WI. His Mom's bestfriend moved to WI with her daughter. Her daughter and I were in the college dorms together. His Mom's bestfriend exhanged our e-mails. Fiance and I communicated through phone, e-mail, facebook for a year before we first met. The first 2 years of our relationship was long distance. We flew to see each other every 2-3 months. Now, it's been 6 1/2 years since we've had our first phone conversation.
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-130?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:0301a828-bacd-48d9-9cd2-0783fd7a18fbPost:f2f78128-4268-4858-98e4-f97d311321e8">Re: QOTD (1/30)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We met online (Plenty of Fish). I messaged him because he was one of the few guys that seemed to have his life together (job, owned a condo, dog, etc) and he actually put effort into his profile. We messaged and eventually e-mailed back and forth for about two weeks before meeting.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

This sounds like my story too! We met through Plenty of Fish and I also messaged him because he actually took the time & put effort into his profile.  He also seemed to be one of the few guys on there that had his life together.  I was ready to take a break from the site and decided to send just one more message (to him of course), turns out he had just taken his profile out of "hiding".  Timing was perfect :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • A funeral. My friend asked me to go, his friend asked him to go (we kinda knew the person who passed), my friend knew his friend. We then went to dinner after, and the rest is history. :)
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards