Louisiana-New Orleans

Beth's Flowers - Concerned Bride

I had a meeting recently with Beth's Flowers and was surprised to find that nearly every photo the designer showed me and passed off as one of "her weddings" was a photo I had seen on the internet, by way of a quick google search or pinterest. I told myself I was being crazy when I recognized the first one, and then recognized the next 5. Does anyone have photos of work actually from Beth's Flowers?

Re: Beth's Flowers - Concerned Bride

• I had the same concern. One of the pictures on their website I know for a fact isn't theirs because I know that Bella Blooms did my fiance's friends wedding. The picture is from THEIR wedding. Do you plan on approaching them about it? I haven't actually booked with them yet but I intend to. I just don't want to be surprised when the day before my wedding my flowers look nothing like the pictures.
  • I have not approached them about it, but I do know I do not want to do business with them. Mostly for the fear of not knowing what my floral pieces will look like ahead of time. If it were one then I could see myself letting it go, but literally every photo she presented me with on her IPad was not hers.
  • Beths flowers is doing my wedding in November, I wondered the same thing but once I saw pieces they had for an upcoming wedding for myself, I just had to book them!! Hope this helps, also they allow you to see your flowers before the wedding in case they need to make any changes you may want
  • Personally the lack of business ethics would concern me.  I would probably search for a new florist.  There are lots of great reasonably priced florists in the New Orleans area.
  • I wondered that as well. I just booked them last week for my wedding next November. But, for the couple of pictures I was wondering about she did not come out and say that it was her work. The few that she sent that she mentioned she did were actually hers and were beautiful. I have seen nothing but amazing reviews about her work, so I am not thinking I will be disappointed. I love that I will be able to see the flowers the day before. I think she, like everybody else, uses Internet picture for inspiration and can probably make anything we see. She probably has a ton of "idea" pictures to send to brides to get an idea of what they are looking for and can go off of that to make what we want. I wouldnt worry about using her seeing as all of her flower reviews are incredible. Hope this helps!
  • If you think about it, even though she has been in business for a long time, she can't have done every type of arrangement with every flower combination. So she probably gets the ideas and re creates them to be specifically what the bride wants. I hope she didn't come out and say "I did these flowers" because that was never the case with me. She just said "I sent you some ideas of what I was thinking about for our wedding". She never claimed then as her own work
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_beths-flowers-concerned-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:c966541a-e274-417b-92dd-2ebed63b6488Post:a218960f-c0a8-4813-8fec-02b705a9bbc8">Re:Beth's Flowers Concerned Bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you think about it, even though she has been in business for a long time, she can't have done every type of arrangement with every flower combination. So she probably gets the ideas and re creates them to be specifically what the bride wants. I hope she didn't come out and say "I did these flowers" because that was never the case with me. She just said "I sent you some ideas of what I was thinking about for our wedding". She never claimed then as her own work
    Posted by mcahil1[/QUOTE]

This is a good point. If she is just using the pictures as inspiration to get the wheels in your head turning about what you want, then I don't see a problem with it. However, to use the pictures on their website does seem like they are sending the message that it is their work. If she just has the pics stored on her ipad and she is showing you in a session and doesn't claim its her work, i don't think its dishonest.
  • She is doing my wedding next year. I brought them pictures of what I wanted and she told me they were beautiful and that she'd use them for inspiration for other brides. She also showed me tons of wedding albums that were her work and were gorgeous. I knew I was sold because I saw her at a bridal show the very next day and she had done bouquets just like the pictures I had shown her for my bouquet and my bridesmaids along with a few other gorgeous bouquets, and I love that if something is wrong I can see the flowers the day before so I can change them! Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards