Texas-Austin

Help! question regarding day-of coordinator

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married this November, and as the day is quickly approaching I'm starting to get nervous about a few things.

We are bringing some of our own decor items to our venue (glass votive holders, candles, some vintage glass dishes, picture frames, floral containers, ceremony backdrop, etc.), and we have to have everything out by midnight after the event. (Reception ends at 11pm.) I do not have a wedding coordinator (or day-of coordinator), and I hate the idea of my parents or other family members having to stick around and clean up /break down all the decorations.

Is this something that a day-of coordinator might handle or help with, were I to hire one? How much can I expect to pay for one? Anyone have any good recommendations? (I realize this is kind of last minute!)

Any other suggestions for how we should handle all our "stuff" after the reception?

Thanks in advance!
-G
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! question regarding day-of coordinator

• edited December 2011
    That is definitely something a wedding coordinator could handle. We're using a day-of coordinator, but haven't figured out who yet. WeddingWire.com has a bunch listed, and most of them have reviews from other brides. That's probably the best place to start.

The prices I've seen so far are $800-1,500, but I haven't talked to that many people. Depending on what you needed them to do, I'm sure it could be less.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use a wedding coordinator, but I created a spreadsheet listing all the items that i brought to personalize my wedding. 

Because the venue had several rooms, I divided my spreadsheet by the room where the items were set up.  My friends used the list after the reception to pack up the items quickly and by checking them off, none were lost.

• edited December 2011
    We recently got married and had two coordinators. Best thing ever!! We got married on 9/17 and literally 45 minutes before the ceremony was to start we had to move our ceremony from an outdoor garden to under the reception tent. With the exception of parents and the wedding party no one knew about the quick change. Our coordinators put everything where it needed to be put and stayed to clean up. We used our florist and were able to book her for $350. She charges anywhere from $350-500 for day of services.
  • gwta78703gwta78703 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your replies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards