Nebraska

Decorations

Our theme is dolphins, were can I find wedding decorations with the theme of dolphins

Re: Decorations

• Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one thing I would keep in mind with this theme is that you don't make it too "kitchy" or "tacky." I think that you could have dolphins be your theme and have that portrayed in certain ways (an ice sculpture, cake topper, have a dolphin on your invites/STD's/Thank you cards, etc) and then just go with a couple different blues in your color scheme. Maybe get some blue uplighting to give it that "under water"feeling.

I hope that didn't come off wrong. I don't think that theme is tacky at all, but when I was thinking of things that were dolphins they were all toys or things of the like, and I'm sure you want a more sophisticated feel to your wedding.

Good luck! If you decide to go with uplighting, definitely check out Theatrical Media Services in Omaha. They did my uplighting and it looked amazing! =]
  • Wilhelm12Wilhelm12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. I know you are right I can only find a few things that look nice for the wedding. Like the guest book, or small dolphins the size of pebbles that some pple use around their center pieces. If I do find any dolphines they are small. We are not going to use a dolphin cake topper.
    Were did you get your invitations.
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our invitations from Michaels. We waited until they had a 50% off coupon and took it in there and got our pocket invites for about $23 per box of 30. Including postage 90 invites cost us less then $100. I was very happy with them and I got a lot of compliments. I have a few pictures in my bio =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards