Wedding Woes
Options

Wedding Party Drama

Re: Wedding Party Drama

• Options
    There seems to be no way to do this where there won't be back lash.  I would discuss this with your FI and his parents before you do anything.  They seem to be stuck in the middle of all this drama.  Ask them what they think would be the best and most diplomatic solution.  Now, if you and your FI can agree to their solution, great, if not, then it is time to compromise.  But what ever you decide, I'd suggest telling your FIL your decision because they will be effected by this.

I agree that regardless if you start talking to N again, she doesn't need to be in your wedding party because im thinking the drama will just keep going. 
  • Options
    You have over a year.  Don't make any decisions at this time. It will just cause more drama at this point and things could change.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Don't kick her out.  That won't fix anything and will make you look like you care more about your wedding then your family relationships.

First off, unfriend all of these people on FB.  Obviously no one is mature enough to discuss things in private or on the telephone, so remove yourself from the drama completely.  I would say give it one shot.  Have him call his brother NOT HIS WIFE and say I'm sorry for any misunderstanding and find out once and for all what's going on.  If that doesn't work, stop talking to them and give them bare essentials for the wedding.

Besides, if the above story is true, unfriending them and then stopping talking to them and engaging their drama, will make them drop out anyway.  Problem solved.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_wedding-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:bcbc9a93-7217-4325-abc8-3d5b5d4c6bcdPost:ab6ceb89-ffe8-45ae-a41e-289cde5a193e">Re: Wedding Party Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't kick her out.  That won't fix anything and will make you look like you care more about your wedding then your family relationships. First off, unfriend all of these people on FB.  Obviously no one is mature enough to discuss things in private or on the telephone, so remove yourself from the drama completely.  I would say give it one shot.  Have him call his brother NOT HIS WIFE and say I'm sorry for any misunderstanding and find out once and for all what's going on.  If that doesn't work, stop talking to them and give them bare essentials for the wedding. Besides, if the above story is true, unfriending them and then stopping talking to them and engaging their drama, will make them drop out anyway.  Problem solved.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

This.  Those drama queens will likely pull themselves, and their kids out. 
    I imagine you'll have to see them before the wedding at your FIL's.  Be as sweet as possible to them.  Don't stoop to their level.  It will only make you look bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards