New Jersey - South

Photographer needed!

Hello South Jersey! I am in need of a photographer for my November wedding. I found a venue that includes everything but that for a very good price.  I am trying to locate a good photographer that has REASONABLE prices!  I'm not interested in having 1000's of photos or even purchasing all that many. Budget is $1000.  Anyone has reviews on Jack Otepka or any other local? I'm in Mays Landing.

Thanks!

Rebecca 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer needed!

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I used www.betterimagephoto.net. Definitely within your budget!
  • edited December 2011
    I know Ive posted on Erin McGowen at fifthavenuephotography.com   She is in Toms River and travels around the state for weddings. She is amazing and affordable! Check her out. She shot out e-pics and I just love them.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Inger from Keepsake studios.  She works within any budget and is really fun to work with.  She LOVES coming down our way (I too live in mays landing, and was in EHT before this).  She'll actually be down on Feb 4-6 cause shes dropping off our albums and other things.

We used Jack Otepka for our videography and weren't thrilled with him.  I dont know what his photography is like.  I believe it is actually his wife who does that.  I doesnt hurt to meet with them (They will say starbucks near the mall haha) and see what they have to offer.
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I will check out the suggestions....I actually know Jack's wife, I used to work with Starbucks.  I was trying to get info on her photography before I ask her in person...LOL Seriously tho, where do these photographers get off charging $3,000?????? GEEEZ!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i can recommend Paul Dempsey Photography....he does amazing work and is reasonable...I was shocked that some photographers could charge up to $7,000 and more...crazytown.... Paul was great to work with....let me know if you want to see samples of his work...we were extremely happy and got rights to all of our pictures...HTH and good luck!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    My Name Is Phil Coates and I would be very happy to work within your budget and include an Engagement Session too.  856-649-3046 www.DigiPhotoNJ.com

Good Luck! Hope to hear from you.
    Phil
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_photographer-needed-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:b7f397e7-e911-4ce5-84fb-f688a05b658cPost:3c2262cb-a269-499b-bed8-7b8c97f2e410">Re: Photographer needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Name Is Phil Coates and I would be very happy to work within your budget and include an Engagement Session too.  856-649-3046 <a href="http://www.DigiPhotoNJ.com" rel='nofollow'>www.DigiPhotoNJ.com</a> Good Luck! Hope to hear from you. Phil
    Posted by phillip.coates@digiphotonj.com[/QUOTE]

VENDORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST ON THE BOARDS!
  • KateZaccKateZacc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Doug Trace with Douglas Photographics. I do not remember what he charged, but I'm pretty sure he was reasonable. He was also a really great guy to be around the day-of, which can be hectic. He has always gotten back to me in a timely manner and does what he says he's going to do. I highly recommend him.
  • edited December 2011
    ok, so.....you can't get anything for $1000 around here unless you go with someone with zero references and get only coverage.....

so, after many long phone conversations and internet searches, I had to increase what I was willing to shell out for pictures and such.....Paul Dempsey did not work within my original budget of $1000 at all, infact, he quoted more than double that.
    So maybe he gave a special price to you guys or increased his prices all around, who knows....
    Talked to one guy, Christopher Photography, who charges from $3300 to $8500!!!!! uh, no.
    So we decided to go with John Domiao Photography, which was recomended by our venue.  Great deal, with albums, prints, brag books, and of course our disk of pics. 
    so that's that.....on to the next project
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jlolio2011jlolio2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Paul Dempsey.  He is great.  I interviewed several photographers and he is the most reasonable. His pictures are also beautiful. He also gives great advice about all aspects of a wedding. He is so helpful. His office used to be in Mays Landing, but I think he moved it to Ventnor.  I am so excited to use him for my June wedding.
  • mnagster2mnagster2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a professional Photographer from Brick NJ and I have all my own equipment and have over 7 years experience. 

Michael Nagy

732-581-5208
  • dinnamingdinnaming member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can recommend Laura Leigh Perry.  http://www.lauraleighphoto.com/  We were on a budget as well.  She's been great so far!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards