Iowa-Des Moines

Tuxedo Rental - Best Place

Anyone have any recommendations for tuxedo rental.  We're looking for a chocolate brown tuxedo, vest, shirt, tie, shoes - the whole works.

We bought bridesmaid dresses this weekend and received a $40 off coupon from Men's Warehouse.  Now here's the interesting part.  We were at Men's Warehouse a few weeks ago and asked how much it would cost to rent their chocolate brown tuxes - $139.99.  So I called today to find out how to go about reserving the tuxes to receive the $40 off coupon (thinking we'd be getting them for $99.99 (a steal).  Without mentioning I had the coupon, I asked for the pricing on the exact tux we had seen a few weeks ago.  $179.99 (interesting)  So now the price has increased by....you guessed it...the same amount as our coupon!  I said something to the sales associate about this but she denies it was ever $139.99 and doesn't know why anyone would have told us that.

Just curious what the going rate for a tuxedo is and where the best place to rent from is.  Thanks!

Re: Tuxedo Rental - Best Place

• MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a TERRIBLE experience with Men's Warehouse with a friend who used them-so we vowed that for our wedding, we would not be using them.  We are using a small store in MN (where the wedding is) that runs through Savii Formal ware.  We got our tuxes for $99/ea in any design/color we want.  
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Milroy's. The lady was very nice!

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    We also went with Milroy's.  Check out their website--they may have a coupon to use.  They were VERY friendly there and helpful.  We did part of their "top line" because my fiance wants a very specific brand charcoal gray suit.  They had everything we needed and more..ended up getting them for around $125 each I believe.  I'd highly recommend them!
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure of the pricing just yet, as we haven't gone to rent tuxes yet.  But there is a tux shop attached to Weddings By Design in West Des Moines.  

I got my gown through there, they offered me a 10% discount for bridesmaid dresses and the tux rentals.  

I don't know if they offer the discount based on the fact that I got my gown there, or simply offer a discount for a group order.  I would definitely call to inquire.  They are very helpful!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Milroy's also.  They are very nice and helpful and our tuxedos were only $123 and groom's tux was practically free, (I think we had to pay for the pocket square), only $5.  I would definitely recommend them if there's one around where you are!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards