Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Music List

Those of you who are making your own playlist, where do I even begin?? Thinking about doing this is wearing me out already...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Music List

• klsheriffklsheriff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just did this last night.  It was a daunting task, so we had been putting it off.  We are using a DJ, but needed to send in the songs for processional, recessional, entrance to reception, first dances etc.  We went off the lists that the DJ gave us to get an idea of where to start.  If you look around on the web, you can find loads of lists for certain dances (ie first dance, father/daughter dance, etc.) or just weddings in general.  I'd pick those songs first, then make lists of Must Play and Must NOT Play lists and go from there.  We will be starting off with slower music (think Sinatra) while people are eating, then progress to dancing music later in the night.  I hope that helps!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Our DJ emailed us a list of the most popular songs of the last year, songs to play during the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and different parts of the reception.  We aren't using all of his ideas but it will give us a good starting point.  Call your dj and ask him if he has anything like this he can give you.

• Elphy1Elphy1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding isn't until 2013 but I have my playlist almost complete =-X

I'm a total music junkie. We're having an ipod wedding and I just recently got a new computer and lost ALL of my music when I switched so I'll need to take these two years to get the music back! Oy! Anyway!

That being said, I just started a list in microsoft word, I typed our song and just went from there and thought about all the songs I love, he loves, people love to hear when they're drinking. My list is filling up fast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards