Honeymoon Discussions

Paris

Hello ladies!  We will be honeymooning in Portugal this June.  On the way home, we have a 21-hour layover in Paris.  Since we will be getting in late, our plan is to sleep at a hotel, then spend the day being tourists.  Our original plan was to eat croissants at a cafe, take a photo at the eiffel tower, and explore the Louvre.  Then I found out we will be there on the only day the museum is closed!

So - to those of you who have been.  What is the one thing a couple should do in Paris?  We will have to head back to the airport for late afternoon.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Paris

• Also Montmartre is a great option. You could climb all the way up and then down passing through Place du Tertre all the way to Moulin Rouge. There is a very good guide I always recommend called "24 walks in Paris". You can easily squeeze 2 or 3 walks in one day and see a lot!
  • Visit the top of the Eiffel Tower... they have a champagne bar up there! Definitely dinner on the Seine is beautiful and romantic. Notre Dame is nice, but I wouldn't want to spend my one day waiting in line to get inside. Just check out the outside architecture and then head over to the Pont Des Arts- Lover's Bridge. Couples place a padlock on the bridge and then throw the key into the Seine symbolizing their never-ending love. Sounds like a perfect way to end a honeymoon to me! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards