Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

$10,000 wedding!!

Does anyone know how to make an outdoor wedding in the Cincinnati area as inexpensive as possible? The venues are what is killing my budget right now. Any help? On anything...caterers, flowers, DJ's/live bands, etc...appreciated!!

Re: $10,000 wedding!!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm hoping for someplace downtown or along the river but if it is farther north of the city that is fine. We are looking at about 180 people at this point. 
  • Options
    WOWZA!  My whole wedding and reception is running at about $5000.00...The guest list is for 100 people. I bought my dress and my daughters flower girl dress online for under 200 for both, my BM's dresses were 50 each from Davids Bridal, our 3 bouquets and grandmas corsage was 202, my cake is 300, the DJ we found..DJ Brian Wooten, 475, the invites and stamps were around 250, my photographer is a friend of mine and is only charging around 250.  Toris Station is where I am having my wedding and reception, I booked them in March and got some special that includes the gazebo and its only 20 a head and Toris has their own centerpieces, they set up, serve, everything!  My Mom is paying for it all except my dress and my daughters dress, and we have really shopped around for the best deal, we went to 3 different florists, tried 3 different cakes..thats just my Moms idea, get 3 quotes on everything is her motto..We had first looked at Lake Lyndsey and they wanted 3000 and that did not include anything..we would have had to hire caterers and decorate it ourselves..just didn't want to go that route
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • Options

Transcriber 87 I love how you just laid it all out! My budget is a little over Azolnay's and you just reassured me that it can be done for LESS which is awesome! I'm going to look at Torii's station today I have a appointment this evening.

• Options
    Thanks Soon2B!  It can be done for under that amount...And my Mom, bless her heart, she does the 3 prices for everything! LOL!  How did your appointment go at Toris? I love that place, have been to many receptions there...Especially with them doing everything, chair sashes, set up, centerpieces, etc..Lynn said we do it all except the cake and the DJ! Let me know how it went!
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • Options

It went well, she actually told me that they can provide the dj for $450 which is very cheap considering all the prices I have been coming across. I am trying to keep it small as possible and just invite close friends and family but I keep running into the min. issue.

• Options
    Oh that is right! I had forgotten that they have a house DJ with everything set up...but I am having my wedding in the gazebo and needed music for that which would have bumped the price up to I think 550ish..So of course my Mom shopped around and when we talked to DJ B, he asked what they were going to charge and he beat the price by 75 bucks and we really liked him!  So did you book there?  We go next month to pick out the centerpieces and chair sashes!
  • Options
    Cheryl, I was looking at the same place but figured it would be way over the budget I thought it would be. What are you doing for food? On their website I noticed it is 20 a person. I am also having around 100 guests. Trying to budget is so hard around here! I love that reception though. I think it would be perfect. Are the centerpieces nice? Updated?

• Options
    transcriber87  I am sooooooooooo late replying I am sorry! No I didn't book with them. I didn't really like the "FEEL" if you get what I am saying. I didn't care for Lynn either so I can't see myself working with her lol. I seen it set up on Saturday and it was pretty. I found a DJ that quoted me 695 with 100 off if i booked over a year in advance. I thought that was reasonable until I got a referral from my friend, for a dj who is great with mixed crowds. I contacted him and his price is 425.00 cheapest I've seen by far and I totally trust my friend.
  • Options
    There is a great jazz band that does an excellent job. Shoot them an email. Young Jazz Messengers...youngjazzmessengers@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards