Michigan-Detroit

Dilemma

Okay I have a dilemma,

I am getting married on the Infinity Charter yachts next year in June. Im really excited. My fiance and I are paying for it ourselves for we decided for the afternoon wedding as it was 10000 grand cheaper than the evening. However it ends at 4 and I feel like we will still want to entertain for a little bit....but I don't know what to do.... without going broke..... maybe go to a restaurant/bar for an hour or 2 or just call it a day Im not sure...... The marina where the boats dock has 2 restaurant /bars that we could look into, but I don't want to pay for 2 places... Im not sure what to do...... help with some ideas please. :)

Re: Dilemma

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome to the Detroit boards & congrats on your engagement!

You don't say what time your ceremony or reception starts, so it's unclear how long you and your guests will have been celebrating already, whether you would have fed them, etc. I'm assuming you're providing a lunch.

I've been to weddings that ended around 4 pm, and one of the parents have hosted a backyard get together. Not sure if that is an option for you. They just set up tables and chairs in the backyard and supplied pizzas/snacks and beer & wine.

I guess it depends on how much more you want to spend. Obviously price was a factor in planning something earlier on the Infinity yacht. I think what you are talking about is an "afterglow" party, and since you would probably be feeding your guests again, and providing alcohol again, it could get expensive. How many people are you talking about?

If it were me, I'd probably end it at 4 pm. If you have friends or family who have kids, they'd be paying a sitter or have their kids with them, and that is a long time for kids to behave, then move onto another party. If they have a sitter, it can get expensive if they are paying into the evening.

Good luck.

• mcmeghan311mcmeghan311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always just put out the word that you and your fiance are going to Rojo or wherever afterward (I reccommend Rojo, they're great and it's right there where the boat docks) and then whoever wanted to come could come, but it would be understood that they would be paying their own way.  You'd just have to make sure that it was understood to be an unofficial get-together and not a sanctioned part of the wedding.  If it were, then you'd be expected to pay for it.  
    I'd probably enquire with whatever restaurant/bar you choose and make sure you could get a private room if its going to be a large group.  You'll probably have to pay a room rental, but thats a lot cheaper than a second dinner and drinks.
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks I wil have to look into that.... Wedding starts at 1130 and boat docks at 1230-330pm and yes feeding everyone. Maybe calling it a night or heading out wi a small group would be good. I'll have to see. Thanks for the advice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards