Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First Dance Song?

We just can not decide on a song for our first dance but last night my fiance played a song that we both actually really liked!  "If She Were Any Other Woman" by Buddy Jewell.  For one, he has always loved it and two it kind of tells a story about us in a way!  The only problems is that I feel like it may be too one sided? and he also seems to think that it may offend my mother? which I'm not too sure why he says that?  What do you ladies think??

http://new.music.yahoo.com/Buddy-Jewell/videos/view/If-She-Were-Any-Other-Woman--16513259

Re: First Dance Song?

• Options
    dmsnider2dmsnider2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just listened to that song and it is such a nice song.  I can see how it is very one sided though.  One thing that is very important for me is that either of us should be able to sing(if we could sing) it to the other and it make sense.  But as far as offending a mother. .. I didn't get that sense from it.  I was very sweet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like this song.  I can see how it can be one sided, but I think it's a nice kind of one sided.  He can't think of any other man he would want to be.  That says a lot.  I don't think it would offend anyone though.  I like it, and think you should use it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards