Maryland

Venue w/ Included Caterering or Outisde Caterer? Whats better?

Hi everyone,
We are trying to decide between a venue that has their own catering that you have to use, but they provide a lump sum price inluding everything except gratuity and extra decorations. The price is $90/person including seated dinner, all setup stuff like chairs, utensils, linens, a wedding cake, Premium Alcohol, hors deuvres, staff, and name cards. There are no cake cutting fees, etc., just need to pay 20% gratuity. The rental for the place is also cheaper, $1,100 but it's nice.

Is this a high price? We want to have a fairly budgeted wedding, our goal is $17,000 for everything little thing for over 125 people.

Or is it the less expensive to rent a venue that doesn't require their caterer, and just find a private caterer? How much are caterers for everything per person?

Thank you all so much!

Re: Venue w/ Included Caterering or Outisde Caterer? Whats better?

• edited December 2011
    Whats the name of that all-inclusive place? That sounds like a good deal
  • Kerry9703Kerry9703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you already decided because this post was from Oct, but I decided to go with a venue with outside catering. It is definitely easier to do go with a venue that includes everything, and if you are pressed for time then this is the way to go. Between deciding on menus and trying to set up tastings it can take months. Picking your own caterer is definitely a process but you have more freedom over the menu and prices since they are competing for your business. You can definitely find an outside caterer that includes EVERYTHING (even gratuity) for less or close to $90 a person. I am getting married near Annapolis and many of the caterers in that area are quoting me at 70-80 a person. Hope this helps if you haven't decided yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards