Delaware

a BIG change in plans!

Geezzz..... lol. i'm getting whiplash!

So yesterday, my FMIL asked me what I thought about moving my wedding up to before the baby. I told her that I really hadn't thought of it 1) because my family would not afford to make it up here on such short notice - they live in florida 2) the FI and I would definately not have the money to have our wedding sooner.

She offered to pay for everything up front if we move the wedding up to December. I talked to my family and told them and while they confirmed what I believed (they couldn't make it) they were 100% supportive of the idea. My FMIL is trying to make sure that I get to enjoy both experiences. She said she wants to make sure that I have my special wedding day without having to worry about anything else and then after I can focus on the baby coming. I think it's a great idea! But I just can't imaging having my wedding without my mom and my brother there. A family friend offered to let my mom use her ff miles but I think my mom would be too embrrassed to take up the offer.

So....  Monday I am going to call to see if they can move up the date. If they can and my photog agrees.. then I have alot of work to do!!! Or should I even do it? I mean... My FI's family had done so much for us over the past 4 years. I don't have any family up here so they have taken over that role and have always been behind me and supported me with everything. I'm pretty sure they love me more than their own son!! lol. So it's hard to deny them anything after all they have done.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: a BIG change in plans!

• ChadAngelaChadAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea of your FMIL!  It would be sad not to be able to enjoy both the wedding and the birth of your baby.  But I understand the bind you're in too.  Ultimately, you should do what you think will make you happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, how generous of your FMIL!  What about having the wedding up here, and then maybe reciting the vows again in front of everyone and having a party when your family is able to come visit?
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    that would be so convenient if you could move it to sooner then later but your also sacrificing your family being there..hard decision! But like the other chica said, have a vow renewal with your family. Definitely talk to your mom and see if she would be opposed to using the frequent flyer miles. It may be embarrassing but you are her daughter and it is an important time. Also scout around for plane tickets. You can find some really cheap ones if you book early. I don't know where your family is in FL but I just put random airports in and random dates for December and the cheapest round trip ticket I saw was $177 for 4 day trip. It actually got cheaper if you can use flexible dates for departure so it was $156 round trip. Anyway that was on Travelocity. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I personally wouldn't move my date up, rather, i *personally* would move it back. I don't know if I'd be able to get married without my family with me, even if FIL have become a close family. Maybe it's because I've had a baby already, (and I don't like to mention it, but I've been married before) and I know that absolutely nothing will overshadow the birth of your baby... and you definitely don't want to miss having your family with you on your wedding day.

Ultimately, it's up to you, but I just wanted to give you the other side of the spectrum... and I wish you the best of luck in everything! How far along are you?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I definately get both sides. I know personally I feel like it would be easier to have the wedding first. If the venue will allow it... I have a message in to my coordinator so we shall see. I'm going to work on my family. Really, I just want my mom and my brother there. I have a feeling though, even next year my brother wont make it because he is also having another baby and he doesn't have alot of money. If I can just get my mom there then I would be ok with that. Bonnie&Clyde, I will look into travelocity's site. Thanks so much for the tip!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you and your fiance swing the price of the plane tickets for your mom and dad(?) at least? I think it would be well worth it.  I'm a MOB and I'd find a way to get there no matter what I had to do!  Also is it possible someone in your family in FL could drive up? Or put the car on the Auto Train? It will take longer but it's an option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards