Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Bustles & Bows

Next week I have an appt with Bustles & Bows to try to find my dress. I'm really excited!!! I was wondering what people's experiences were like using them...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Bustles & Bows

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't have any experience with them, but I hope it goes well! :)
  • Options
    mabezanmabezan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AMAZING!!! They are so friendly. I went to look at dresses there and they were so helpful. I ended up getting my dress from Town and Country because I just loved one of theirs but I wish I could have given Bustles and Bows the business. I ended up going back and getting my veil from them and my mom ordered her dress from them as well. They were incredibly helpful in helping us order those two items. I hadn't gone in there in over a month and when I asked her to look up which flower girl dress I had on file, she looked it up without asking for my name. They remember you and have the best bridal customer service I've experienced here in New Orleans.

Best of luck when you go! I hope you find your dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Bustles and Bows and just loved, loved, loved my experience there.  The owner's name is Shelley and she's the sweetest, nicest person.  She was so helpful without being overly pushy.  They let you try on as many dresses as you like.  I was glad I found my dress there because I didn't like anyone else nearly as much (I'm looking at you Pearl's Place!).  You'll love your time at Bustles & Bows.  Have fun and good luck finding the perfect dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

Lexi- what was your experience with Pearl's Place? When my cousin got married, I got my bridesmaid dress there and didn't really deal with them too much as I was away at college at the time.
  • Options
    mabezanmabezan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with her, Pearl's Place has the worst customer service!!! The first time I ever tried on dresses was there and they were nice but they called me 16 hours later asking when I would come in and buy a dress. I never led them to believe I found my dress and they kept calling asking when I would come back in and decide. When I went in as a return bride, I waited over an hour before I just walked out the door. No one called my name and they kept saying they would get to me later.
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there during one of their sample sales and got a greal deal.  The girls were friendly and helpful.  The one thing is that they weren't pushy on the accessories which can be good and bad, great if you don't want to be upsold but awkward if you are shy about asking them to show it to you with veils, brooches, etc.  Of course they jumped on the accessories when I suggested it.  FYI their alterations are available Wednesday afternoons.  Good luck!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just felt that the woman who helped me at Pearl's Place was a little pushy.  And when I told her my budget, I felt as if she were purposely showing me dresses right at the top of my budget.  I guess I understand that, but seriously, I ended up buying a dress that was very, very similar to the one they kept pushing on me and it was way less.  In addition, my bridesmaids did purchase their dresses at Pearl's Place because it was the only place in the area that carried them.  Prices were great and it was nice that alterations were included but it almost seemed as if once we paid for the dresses all customer service went out the window.  They even lost one of the dresses and kept trying to make it seem like someone (my bridesmaid, me, some random person, etc.) must have already picked it up.  Luckily they found the dress but it scared me to death seeing as how it was so close to the wedding.  Needless to say, there were no apologies to any of us after they kept making it seem we were the ones who did something wrong to cause the dress to disappear.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I was one of the few people in NOLA that actually didn't like my service at Bustles and Bows. They were friendly, but the girl that was there wasn't overly helpful, didn't really offer suggestions, and didn't really help me with getting any of the dresses on or off. I just felt underwhelmed there, and maybe it was because I was expecting so much.

Pearl's Place is a nightmare as a whole, but Pat, the lady who helped me, was their one bright spot. She helped direct my ramblings on what I wanted, was with me every step of the way and never left my side, and stuck to my budget when picking dresses. Everything else about Pearl's Place is a disaster, and that's why I ended up purchasing my dress elsewhere (same one I found there) but as far as salesperson experience, Pat was much better than the girl at BB.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Bows and Bustles. I did not get my dress from there, but they definitely had the most relaxing setting of all the places I visited in the Metro area. The staff was attentive and patient.  It made for a really enjoyable visit. 

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Pearl's Place. I do not like that you cannot make appointments there because you wind up waiting a ridiculous amount of time to see someone. After waiting, it is disappointing to be assisted by someone who is not terribly helpful. I don't think I would've bought a dress from there even if I had found "the one".  The lack of customer service was really disappointing.

Best of luck at your appointment this weekend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice about Pearl's Place everyone. I will avoid it like the plague!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED Bustles and Bows. The service was great, and the person helping me wasn't pushy. She let me try on what I wanted to see, and when that didn't work, she offered great suggestions. Ultimately, they had too small of a selection and the dresses I liked were outside my budget, but the experience was great.

I refused to step foot inside Pearl's Place. My best friend got her dress there in in 2006. When she took it home and tried it on for her Dad, the skirt fell off--it was just tacked to the bodice! She brought it back and they refused to fix it or give her her money back. They said once she brought it home, that was it. They gave her a $700 store credit. She wound up buying our shoes from there, and we paid her back cash. On the whole, they were nasty and she had to threaten to sue. This was on top of having just lost her entire home in Katrina. I swore I would never go back to that place. 

I got my dress from David's in Slidell, and the service was fantastic! I loved them! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mag! Love your dress! Who makes it

i also found one i love at Pearls but im not totally sure i want to buy from there becuase of all the terrible things i hear about them after the sale!

I am looking for a Mori Lee but the only other place ive seen that carries her in the area is Linda Lee and I do not even like walking in that place.. i just feel ignored.. ugh..

anyways I am hoping to go to Bustles and Bows this weekend just to see what they offer hope its as wonderful as everyone says!
  • Options
    Marti66Marti66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent last week looking for a gown.  Went to Bustles and Bows and was not impressed.  At Town and Country the ladies were arguing a lot and they just put me in a room.  No service.  So I swallowed, considering all of the comments and went to Pearl's Place on Thursday.  The service was great, they helped me with every gown and finally I chose a gown and had a great price and free alterations.  I have been in weddings as a bridesmaid there and yes they are busy on the weekend.  But if a store is that busy there must be a good reason.  I just did not like the selections and attitude at Bustles and Bows.  So I know I will be argued with but I think that Pearl's Place was the best for me.  I will not go for alterations on a Saturday at all.  By the way I did have an appointment and they take those now.
  • Options
    lbmsrlotrlbmsrlotr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Found similar dresses that, in my mind, were "the dress" at both Pearls Place and Bustles & Bows.
    Kim at Pearls Place was extremely helpful & nice, but when I went for a return appt to try on the dress a 2nd time, Kim was "at lunch" & "forgot" we had an appt. So the girl who helped me in her absence was cordial, but had a diarrhea of the mouth when it came to venting about having to help me in Kim's absence. When I asked this particular sales girl about returning the next day (Saturday) in order to show another family member who couldn't be there at the time, she told me explicitly to NOT return the next day (Saturday) because the store would be "too busy to deal with me again". I then expressed my discontent of being literally barred from returning at my convenience to an older lady at the store who, little to my knowledge, is the store owner. She assured me that my business was indeed appreciated & that I could return at any time I desired. However, nothing could take away what that rude salesgirl said to me.
    The service I recieved at Bustles & Bows, especially by Shelly, was great. The store as a whole was accomodating & always available to me...even when I stopped in without an appt.
    However, if you watch alot of "Say Yes to the Dress", & expect the same degree of customer service u see on that show, you will definintely be disappointed by the bridal salons of the New Orleans area. But, Bustles & Bows did everything they could to service me in the way any patron should.
    I say all this now, but my dress has just recently been delivered to Bustles & Bows...I have yet to deal with alterations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bustles and Bows. I didn't get my gown through them but I ordered all of my bridesmaids through them. They were one of the only boutiques in the area that carries Mia Solano and they could not have been more amazing. Even though I wasn't shopping for a wedding gown, they gave me the absolute best customer service(my girls still spent quite a lot of money with them!). Definitely ask for Shelley- she really knows her stuff!! I went to several places in the area and I can definitely tell you that you will get the most personal, knowledgable service from them.
  • Options
    wtorreswtorres member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're wonderful! The girls there are really genuine and sweet. I wish I could have gotten my dress there, but I did find one I liked the best elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This past weekend I visited both Bustles and Bows and Pearls Place. I originally wanted to try-on dresses at Pearl's Place first, but my visit with Pearl's Place was horrible... I got there at 10:30am and it was total chaos. It was so overwhelming because of the crowd of people in there so my best friend and I decided to leave and go to Bustles and Bows. 
    Bustles and Bows was so much better, it was quiet, I was taken almost immediately into a dressing room... Stephanie helped me out and she was Amazing! They are very nice although their selection is not as big as the others. However, I was still blown away by the great customer service I received.
    I also, had an appt with Davids Bridal, lets just say HORRIBLE! (ended walking out)
    Went back to Pearls Place and it was much better! (I would say anytime after 12 is the best to go. Although, we did have to wait a few, it was not overwhelming and the crowd was gone by then. Kim was great to work with...
    Overall, they are both great places to try on dresses, but you have to go at certain times for Pearls.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences! Lucky for me I will be doing all my dress searching/shopping during the week because I work on the weekends, so I'm hoping that will lead to less stress for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_bustles-bows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:65d529d3-5532-40f9-8b5e-147049ad0956Post:db947bac-6f92-4774-8840-4714fd6cb5b9">Re: Bustles & Bows</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mag! Love your dress! Who makes it i also found one i love at Pearls but im not totally sure i want to buy from there becuase of all the terrible things i hear about them after the sale! I am looking for a Mori Lee but the only other place ive seen that carries her in the area is Linda Lee and I do not even like walking in that place.. i just feel ignored.. ugh.. anyways I am hoping to go to Bustles and Bows this weekend just to see what they offer hope its as wonderful as everyone says!
    Posted by ashglo[/QUOTE]

My dress was from Mori Lee, and it was both wonderful quality and a great price. It was actually the one I found at Pearl's Place but purchased in Laurel, MS at Mimi's Bridal because it was less there, and they had been so exceptionally wonderful to me.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards