Canada-Ontario
Options

Venue Help

Hi my fellow Toronto brides! I just got engaged two weeks ago and planning to get married next August. I am thinking about getting married at Atlantis on the water but i wanted to see what ideas you ladies have. 
Any help would be appreciated!! thanks!!  

Re: Venue Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never been but my fiance went to a friends wedding there a few years ago and said it was beautiful.
    We are having our ceremony/reception on May 14, 2011 at The Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club which is right down the road. www.argonautrowingclub.com
    It's a beautiful room overlooking lake Ontario, probably not as spectacular as the Atlantis Pavillion mind you.
    Congrats on your engagement and happy venue hunting :)
    May 2011 March Siggy: Our Venue~ Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Sarah & Geoff~ May 14th, 2011
  • Options
    canadian98765canadian98765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We checked out Atlantis as a possibility.  It is as well-priced as you can get for a 'downtown' all-inclusive venue.  However, we are having a large wedding (220 people) and the biggest room at Atlantis was not configured to have that many people, plus a head table, plus a band... the dance floor was very small.

I would suggest checking out Liberty Grand - it's nearby, and you can get the same type of pricing (all inclusive starting at around $90 I think). But Liberty Grand is probably all booked up for Saturdays (they were when I was looking for my July 2011 wedding, a couple of months ago!)  But if you are considering a Friday/Sunday reception, this might be a possibility.
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you want something more outdoorsy the royal botanical gardens seem beautiful.
  • Options
    APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Atlantis is gorgeous. It didn't work for our wedding, but I looked at it a couple of years ago for a company event and the pricing was reasonable for the location.
  • Options
    jennymacieljennymaciel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Atlantis.  I would definitely recommend checking it out.  The price is reasonable and they have a ton of options.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards