Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Vendor Reviews-Hershey/Harrisburg

Hi all, finally getting around to posting reviews.  We were married 9/25/10 in Hershey.

Events Etc. Catering by the Hershey Pantry - B+.  Colette is great to work with and always gets back to you via email or phone.  Our food turned out really good and they also did our cake which was super yummy.  They are the same cakes that they sell at the Hershey Pantry - we did coconut (my favorite) and red velvet (my husband's favorite) :-)  There were a couple small issues but nothing major.  Colette takes care of ordering all of the linens, etc.  My mom did have tulle overlays specially made for the tall cocktail tables and they forgot to put those on.  Also they ran low on drink mixers towards the end.  Considering we paid $3.50/person for full barware and mixers, there should have been plenty.

Antique Auto Museum at Hershey:  B-.  Everyone seemed to really like our choice of venue and we did have a day of event coordinator (Melissa) included in our rental cost.  However the day before was kind of a hassle.  We had to drop all our alcohol, flowers and decorations off the day before.  Well the back door was blocked by a trucker/car trailer b/c workers were moving out a car.  They took forever and were basically standing around outside smoking.  So we had to wheel our cart over the gravel which wasn't easy b/c they were completely blocking the paved driveway.  This was super annoying b/c it was hot that day.  The staff is nice there and they did a good job of directing guests.  It is kind of pricey to rent this venue.

SpringHill Suites by Marriott:  D-.  This hotel is so disorganized!  We choose to block rooms here b/c it is located right next to the AACA museum.  However they gave us the wrong "book by" date for our block of rooms and then dropped our block w/o informing us.  So after multiple phone calls and dealing with lots of different (some very clueless) employees was able to get most of my out of town guest rooms.  The general manager, Kathy, doesn't return calls.  The rooms are okay...small for what they term a "suite."

Flowers - Dauphin County Technical School:  A.  The ornamental horticulture students did a great job on our flowers!  We worked with Cheyenne and another senior.  Loved our centerpieces and bouquets!  You do have to pick the flowers up the day before but luckily our venue has a walk in fridge for storage.  They pack them up really nice so they are easily transportable.  Great way to save money!

Alfred Angelo, Harrisburg,: A.  Myself and my bridesmaids got our dresses at AA.  Some of my OOT bridesmaid had to use the Lancaster store and their customer service wasn't very good.  I had a good experience at the Hbg store.  Erin, one of the managers, is really helpful.  I got my alterations done through them as well and they turned out really good.

If you want any more info, just email me at leigord@aol.com

Happy planning! :-)

Re: Vendor Reviews-Hershey/Harrisburg

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, very helpful! Did you look at any other hotels in Hershey? What would you say was the average price for a night in a hotel? I'm concerned since I'm getting married in August- prime tourist season!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards