African American Weddings
Options

**Pinkcottoncandy7**

Hey!  I just remembered that you said that your colors are also black, white, and pink and you asked about my shade of pink.  Sorry, I forgot to respond!  We're going with a softer pink since our wedding's black tie, so we wanted it to be a little more classic.  Pretty much everything will be black and white, and the pink will come in the form of the flowers.  Our centerpieces will be hydrangeas and pink roses.  I'll attach a picture so you can see an example.  The flower girls are carrying pink roses and I'll attach a picture of that too.  The guests tables will all have black table cloths with white napkins and a white chair cover with a black sash, and FI and I will have hot pink napkins and a black chair cover with a hot pink sash at our sweetheart table.  That's the only time we'll have a darker pink.

What color pink are you going for?  I'm always looking for decoration ideas!

My bouquet

Re: **Pinkcottoncandy7**

• Options
    edited December 2011
     I am going for the lighter pale pink as well, it seems so classy. I am wondering have you found your bridesmaid dresses yet. That seemed like the hardest thing to find in pale pink but I did find http://www.ariadress.com/ they have lots of pretty pink shades. They even send you 8 swatches for free. I love your flowers! Wow, they are so pretty. I saw this inspriation board

and thought maybe I will add some cameo elements, and an art deoc feel. I know we are doing cottoncandy(of course) and a pink and black candy bar. That will probably include some deeper pinks because not all pink candy is pale. I am kinda at a lost for decorations. I recently saw pink tinted baby's breath and something struck a cord...who knows.
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a really cute inspiration board.  We won't be using as much pink as that, but I really like it.  Pink is going to be more of an accent color than anything.  My girls are wearing black floor length chiffon dresses from Barijay (they all have different dresses) and then carrying the pink rose bouquets like in the picture from my first post.  I'm debating on whether or not they'll wear pink shoes, but I doubt it since that's just more money out of their pocket.  The guys are all wearing black tuxedos with a pink pocket square.  Just yesterday FI was talking about wearing a pink bow tie but he's not 100% sure.
    I do want to incorporate more pink but just small touches of it somehow.  Still working on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards