May 2013 Weddings

Please Proof!

This is my invitation and reply card so far.. We also are having a photo of us printed on the back side of the invite.
I have gone over these a few times and am sick of looking at them. Will you please be my fresh pair of eyes and let me know what issues or spelling errors you see?
Dinner is buffet, but I really want to know who will be attending the ceremony and who will arrive just for the reception, so trying to work that into a traditional reply card format..
 Thank you SO much!

May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Please Proof!

• The font is hard to read that small on the invite.. It says:
    Together with their families;
    The honor of your presence is requested
    For the wedding Ceremony of

Nicole & Nathan

Saturday, May Eleventh
    Two Thousand and Thirteen
    Five O'Clock in the evening
    Viroqua Wisconsin
    Reception to Follow
    Dinner at 7 o'clock

Really not sure about the "o'clock" parts but I don't know a bette way to word it. Using PM is informal isn't it?
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • You may want a comma between the city and state

Otherwise, I think it looks fine for the invite.

Reply cards - I'm with you on not knowing the best way to differentiate between ceremony and reception-only.  But, the way you have it may be confusing.  Maybe have it say "Will attend both the ceremony and reception" and "will attend the reception only"
  • beckyh77beckyh77 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012

I would agree with bburkel. The way you have it now may seem that you can go to the ceremony or reception but not both. You could word it something like

-will attend the ceremony and reception
    -will attend the reception only

On a random side note, I went to a wedding in Lancaster 6 years ago so seeing your town brought back memories.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not a fan of the RSVP. If I was in the situation of only being able to attend the ceremony then I would send a note explaning that along with my RSVP, or vice versa for the reception.

May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree with PPs.  Also, as a guest I'd be confused about your reception start time.  Does the reception start at 7?  Or does it start immediately following the ceremony and diner is served at 7?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Love the song part on your rsvp, I think we are going to do that as well. I'm not including the option for reception only, I don't expect to have anyone come to reception only. So not sure how to help there, but I think PPs have good advice.
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_please-proof?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:996ee538-f03f-4933-9db9-589fb16cc97ePost:0507cc72-631b-473a-99e0-2b6ce2a693c3">Re: Please Proof!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PPs.  Also, as a guest I'd be confused about your reception start time.  Does the reception start at 7?  Or does it start immediately following the ceremony and diner is served at 7?
    Posted by melb2013[/QUOTE]
    I was a little confused about this as well. And I agree with PP's about the whole ceremony and reception thing. Other than that, add the comma in the city and state and it looks good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Wisconsin atleast, it is VERY common for people to attend only to the reception. I would expect definitely less than 50% of my guests for the ceremony and I would like to know so I don't have to set up too many chairs. Also to determine where and how the ceremony will be set up as we are doing it ourselves.

Changing the option wording is definitely helpful! 

We are having a dueling piano show with a DJ following, so that's why the sing along and dance options are listed :)

• I wouldn't capitalize the "E" in evening on your invite, but that's being pretty nit picky :)
    gettin' hitched 05.04.13
  • I am not an invitation expert, but my suggestion is below.  Personally, the top part is confusing so I would suggest moving it around.  Also, I really don't read up on etiquette, but I think that 5 o'clock is usually evening and since you mentioned dinner at 7, I wouldn't include the evening part.  I went back and forth between afternoon and evening on my 5pm wedding and decided it was easiest to leave it all out!  Good luck!

Together with their families

Nicole & Nathan                   

request the honor of your presence

as they are united in marriage

Saturday, the eleventh of May

Two thousand and thirteen

Five O'Clock

Viroqua Hills Golf Club

Viroqua, Wisconsin

Reception to Follow

Dinner at 7 o'clock

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_please-proof?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:996ee538-f03f-4933-9db9-589fb16cc97ePost:44c8c68c-2259-479f-ac30-6e4c1a5a2285">Re: Please Proof!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not an invitation expert, but my suggestion is below.  Personally, the top part is confusing so I would suggest moving it around.  Also, I really don't read up on etiquette, but I think that 5 o'clock is usually evening and since you mentioned dinner at 7, I wouldn't include the evening part.  I went back and forth between afternoon and evening on my 5pm wedding and decided it was easiest to leave it all out!  Good luck! Together with their families   Nicole & Nathan                       request the honor of your presence as they are united in marriage   Saturday, the eleventh of May Two thousand and thirteen Five O'Clock Viroqua Hills Golf Club Viroqua, Wisconsin   Reception to Follow Dinner at 7 o'clock
    Posted by ROBINRENE5[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the top part can't be moved around. 
    The evenings and oclocks are definitely tripping me up. If people think it reads fine then I will be happy to remove that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards