Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Private Wedding Logistics

Exploring the idea of holding our wedding at a private property (house my grandfather built) about 45 min from Payson next year.  This is presenting a lot of logistics (i.e. transport for folks staying in Payson, portables?, rental company for tent, etc in that area (or willing to locate to that area).  Anyone with any experience coordinating something like this?  Recommendations?

Re: Private Wedding Logistics

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never coordinated something exactly like tat but I am getting married at a venue that was a privet home and they just recently turned it into a wedding venue. Its super private and it on 15 acres of land outdoors on a 4000sf patio. I am so excited. But i am familiar with planning a DIY wedding. Where you have to bring in everything yourself. It can be time consuming but totally worth it. Email me at adward@asu.edu if you wanna chat.
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would be considered a destination wedding.  It's pretty much the same except everyone needs to travel to it.  So you would need to do a room block for some people.  You may have to rent things from Phx and drive them up yourself.  Google renting companies in Payson.  It's do-able if you want your wedding there.  If you're doing to "save money", it may not be money saving having to rent and cater so much to a place that doesn't have a lot of options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have used A to Z rental before, for parties at my home, and their large tents can be easily transported in the back of a truck (or tahoe), and many vendors are willing to commute. All you have to do is ask. Sometimes they will want to be put up, but most of them will travel on the day of. Let me know if you need some vendor contacts.
    brandon_ent@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  My grandma ok'd the use of the house today which I'm so excited about.  I've been working to research vendors who might be in the local area or willing to deliver, etc.  I think we can block off rooms at a few smaller hotels in the area and will probably be recommending our guests also look into VRBO for cabins in the area to really make their desitination more fun.  I'll be in touch as we get further down the road!  And yes, the goal isn't as much about cost savings (although still mindful of budget) as it is about getting married at the house my grandfather, grandmother and dad built...what a great and special memory to pass on to family and to honor the memory of my grandfather.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haven't been on in a while... Glad to hear that all is going well. Take care, and let me know if you need help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards