California-Los Angeles

affordable veils, any suggstions?

hi Ladies!!
got my dress already, yea!!!!
But the veil that I really like is over my budget...any ideas where i can find some affordable options? I figured this was THE place to ask???

Re: affordable veils, any suggstions?

• edited December 2011
    I just had my veil custom made by Candi Merle of Crowning Glory Designs.

http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/crowning-glory-designs-candi-merle

She did an amazing job creating exactly what I wanted. My veil (fingertip length, double layer, with ribbon detail) was only $40- much less than in a bridal shop.

I met with her at her home office and she has closets full of sample veils of all styles and lengths, so you can try them all on and see what combo you like best. Then she can make anything. Or you can bring in a picture of a veil from somewhere else and she can recreate it, for a fraction of the cost. I brought my dress so she could match the color exactly.

She is located in Brea, but she can also do everything by email if you can't make it to her studio.

I can't speak highly enough- my veil is beautiful and such a good deal!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there, congrats on the dress!

I got my veil from Royal Accessories in DT LA for only $65. Initially I went to Candi but she quoted me a little high ($125) Maybe because I wanted something different than other have asked for here...because I went thinking she was going to quote me $40...so it depends of what you're looking for.  GL
  • susan00607susan00607 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my Veil at Royal Accessories in down town as well for $ 65 it is double layered and it had beating in the end, I thought it was great price you should check them out.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Reene (my seamstress) make my veil.  It was a 120" plain cut drop veil for $60. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I got my veil and hair accessories from the Erika Koesler warehouse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i second Candi , she is fabulous!! so sweet, so talented, and super affordable
  • Kayciejoe56Kayciejoe56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also suggest Candi... I met with her 2 Weeks ago and had a fabulous appointment!  She is so helpful and shares all of her knowledge while trying to design your own perfect veil.  I had no idea what I wanted when I got there and she had my dream veil designed in a matter of minutes. And it only cost me $80 (2 tier stiched in silver with scattered rhinestones)  I also just recieved an email saying it was ready!  Im so excited to pick it up.
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Erika Koesler warehouse. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Go Downtown.  There is a variety to choose from.  Wanna dress it up, glue on Swarski crystals.  My sister duplicated one from Alfred Angelo...veil and crystals 30 bux :)
  • dlx81dlx81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yep Downtown was where I got mine too, so many things you can get there in the wedding section.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my veil from Candi for only $45 and absolutely loved it. Pics in my bio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards