New York-Long Island
Options

Vendor Reviews- Long Post

Vendor Reviews

Riviera Caterers- A++

I cannot say anything but great things about this hall.  It made us nervous when we booked that we could not have a food tasting but trust me you do not need one. The one complaint I had from my guest that there was way too much food. There were so many different options during the cocktail hour that some guest couldn’t eat or finish their meal. No complaints on that from me since the hall allowed each person to take home their leftovers or even their whole meal. The food was unbelievable, my husband and I ordered 4 different plates to try and we had to order seconds because some plates we didn’t want to share after tasting it. After serving each person their order, the waiters went around with a cart of all 12 food options asking anyone if they wanted second or thirds. From the personal service for the bride, groom and the bridal party received in the bridal suite to the service my guests were getting it was fantastic. All you had to do was order a drink once and your tables’ bartender made sure your hand was not empty the rest of the night and they also supplied you with water to make sure you were not drinking too much. If I had to do it all over again I would go right back to the Riviera, all I got was compliments of the grounds, service and food all night and I am still receiving them. The owners and staff really do help you and give you everything you want and allow your day to be stress free and fun.

Dash of Class- A +

We had Mike LaBasso as our DJ and he was fantastic, having half the party being Spanish and a wide range of ages. Mike was able to keep everyone on the dance floor the entire night. He made the party great time and he even took every request people made. I was so impressed on the way Mike and his staff were able to get everyone on the floor after each meal break. His best idea was the shot train the Riviera does, it was fantastic that he was able to get the whole wedding up to join in on the train and take shots with the bride and groom from there the  party was on and no one sat down. I was so glad at the end of the night to go with Mike not only does he know how to get the party started and going he was able to keep the music of interest to the whole wedding, he mixed the right amount of Spanish, with oldies, with new music, with classic 80’s dance. My husband and I are so happy that we choose him to be a part of our day.

Divine-Studios- Stephen from Divine won us over when we meet with him, after sending him a number of emails to talk about his options and pricing we decided to meet with him and he was able to give us everything we wanted even on our tight budget. His personality sells you and lets you know that your photos will come out amazing and he will do anything to have it no other way. We had Stephen and a assistant for photos and for Video we had Arron. We were so glad we went with them; they took every shot that we put on our list and were very accommodating to get all those shots where we’d yell “can you get me with so and so.” Stephen and his partner were so good and getting the right angle, they laid on the floor in front of the church to get it in the background and near a puddle in Coney Island to get the shot I really wanted. Our limo driver even shook his hand and asked for his card because he never saw a photographers lay on the floor to make sure he had the best angle. My husband is not a picture person so they gave us enough breaks to make him relax and we could still enjoy our cocktail hour and we never felt pressed for time or pushed to take to many photos. Stephen was amazing on our wedding day and we cannot wait to get our proofs next week. After getting our proofs I will review Divine again after getting our final product.

Designs by Rose- A++

Rose was so unbelievable to work with, she was able to take the idea of what I want it and help me make it better to work in my hall. She was able to give me the flowers I wanted but still stay in my budget. The flowers were unbelievable, the bouquets turned out awesome and she even put a charm on mine as a memory of my father. When the hall told me I needed less tables then I ordered Rose was able to work with me on fixing the issue. The flowers for Mothers, Grandmothers and men of the bridal party came out great. She even sent a few extra with some more pins just in case which really impressed me. When I arrived at the Church I was so impressed by the flowers on the alter and the small bunches of rose on the pews (which I didn’t even order). I would recommend Rose to anyone she does amazing work and she does her absolute best to make sure that everything is what you want and how you want it.  She was great to work with and she made you feel like your wedding was  as important to her as it is to you.

RK Bridal- A+

After going their my first time on a Saturday I was a little overwhelmed but once you get into the room with a consultant it all comes together. Go but get there first thing especially on weekends! I fell in love with the 3rd dress I put on and then it was over. The alterations department and staff make you feel beautiful and make sure that everything is the way YOU want it not the seamstress. They encourage you to stand up for what you want and they make it happen. They even worked on my dress at my last fitting because it was still a little too long, they asked me to wait 15 minutes so that I knew it was perfect for when I picked it up.

Rosemarie Mio Custom Veil- A++

Rosemarie made me the perfect veil, I was not a fan of veils but my mother wanted me ot have on from the church. Rosemarie made the veil to my exact measurements and let me pick out my own material. At first we came up with a design that would have looked great, but then we learned my dress came with a jacket with so much beading and design to match my dress exactly. Since I didn’t plan to wear the jacket, Rosemarie took all the matching beading and lace design off my jacket and put it around the rim of my veil and even put the extra beading on the top layer of my veil.  For my hair trial, the comb was a little too big for my hair design, we called Rosemarie and she had us drop the veil off to be fixed and it was ready for us to pick it up 2 days later. I am so happy I had this custom veil to match my dress for the church. Rosemarie went above and beyond to make sure the veil was to my liking. Romarcustomveils @ gmail . com

Double Diamond Limo- B+

The cars were amazing to see and the drivers were unbelievable nice and accommodating to everything we wanted. We had the 40 passenger bus and the Chrysler 300, both cars were gorgeous on the inside and out. The drivers arrived 30 minutes ahead of time and let us know that they were available for anything they needed. The drivers even begged some guy at Coney Island to let us in to get the photo shoot we wanted since the parking lot was closed due to a fair. They were very accommodating to everything we need. When we passed the hall early, there was some guest outside waiting for doors to open so the Bus driver stopped and picked them up to come with the families so that they wouldn’t be sitting there waiting. The only down fall we had was that both cars were suppose to come and get us but there was a computer mistake and only the bus came, it was not a make it or break it problem, there was more than enough room on the bus for everyone to get home safely. They made it up to us by offering us service to and from the airport for our honeymoon and were apologizing deeply for their mistake.

Re: Vendor Reviews- Long Post

• Options
    handsdownhandsdown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you liked the Riviera...my fiance and I are getting married there in July :)  Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards