Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Rings before wedding?

Help!  We are having an outdoor wedding & our ceremony & reception are in the same place immediately following each other.  For this reason, we have decided to take all our pictures before the ceremony.   We will do first look pictures to capture that special moment of our first reactions to each other. I want pictures of our rings & of us wearing are rings.  Do we take our pictures before the wedding with us wearing our wedding bands or do we not wear them until we are offically married?  Most people I know have taken their closeups of their hands after the ceremony, but I am afraid it will get too dark to take very many pictures after the ceremony since it will be outside & also dont want everyone staring at us while we take pictures since everything is at the same location-the patio/garden area/tent area are all connected & open.
Please help me come up with a solution & suggestions!
THANKS!

Re: Rings before wedding?

• Options
    karileevrkarileevr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it's all about your comfort. If you and your hubby-to-be are comfortable with putting the rings on for photos prior to the ceremony, then go for it! My husband and I had a similar ceremony/reception in the same outdoor location, and we left after the ceremony for about an hour for photos. I wish we'd taken the time before to do it all, so we could have used that hour with our loved ones.
    Again, it's all about you two that day. If you are comfortable, then go for it! Trust me, you will be able to relax much more if you don't have to worry about getting photos taken after the ceremony, you'll just be able to kick back and take it all in :)

• Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take the ring pictures after the wedding. It would be weird to have them on before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The whole picture of your hands with your rings on is pretty outdated.  Most photographers photograph the rings separately.

We did a first look and I just wore my E-ring and he didn't wear his.  We also took portraits afterwards during cocktail hour but no one stood around and watched us.  At any rate, you should be able to get a ring shot at some point if it is important to you.
  • Options
    vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're in the same situation about having to have our photos taken before the ceremony. We will wear our rings because I don't want a gorgeous framed photo of us on the wall without them.  I'm not superstitious  (i've had my ring on so many times just to see how it looks :)  )  so I don't think it matters so long as we take them off before the ceremony.
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards