Wedding Woes

random questions about eggs

if you don't buy organic, do you have a preference for brand? i now size matters (not dirty), but does brand?

Re: random questions about eggs

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I just go for the store brand.
  • there are brands? 

i'm still confused by the "vegeterian eggs"

we just buy the store brand. 
  • We buy the local brand. There is a poultry farm near us and I prefer to get their eggs for a variety of reasons.
  • The only time I've paid attention to brands was when I was pregnant (I ate eggs daily for the protein and since I like the yolks runny I'd only by the Eggland's Best pastuerized eggs).   Now I just go with the cheapest in the size I want.
  • I'm with all the PP, just the brand that the store carries...large of course.
  • WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    yes, the fact that there are brands confuses me. not that i can't wrap my mind around competitive brands, but when the store brand is $1.89 for a dozen, and land o lakes is $2.99 for a dozen of eggs the same size, i wonder if there are people who believe there is a difference.

i buy whatever i can get for the lowest price.
  • I buy from the farmers market. I used to buy them for $2 a dozen from a patient, but he had progressive disease and therefore stopped coming to Nashville for treatments :(.

• I get mine from a friends mom at the farmers market. Most people don't know that the eggs in most grecery stores are at least 2weeks old. My farmers market eggs are never more than a few days when I buy them. They last longer, taste better, and even look better (more vivid, fluffier). It's a bit pricier (she charges $4.00 a dz) but since I enjoy my eggs runny it's 110% worth it!
    July 2013 Knottie Siggy Challenge: Location, Location! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_random-questions-about-eggs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c4f6f668-3635-4d96-a0a4-dc922da2a014Post:9a24834e-5642-4359-af64-b6ea6ad5c7e1">Re: random questions about eggs</a>:
    [QUOTE]there are brands?  i'm still confused by the "vegeterian eggs" we just buy the store brand. 
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

Vegetarian eggs are from hens who have been fed a vegetarian diet, and not ground up animal by-product (which has never been a natural part of a chicken's diet).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards