Christian Weddings
Options

Registering today

So my FI and i will be registering at Target this afternoon and i was just wanting some advice on what to register for. i want to make a list so that i am not completely overwhelmed at the store. lol

so any advice and help is appreciated. what did you register for? 

Re: Registering today

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, YGPM.  :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Love Target!

Make a list of the things you need such as silverware, pots & pans, dish sets, glassware, microwave, linens for bedrooms and bathrooms, appliances, etc..

We also registered at 3 different stores and kind of had a theme for what was at each place.

Target:

~Most of our kitchen appliances such as toaster, blender, vacuum, can opener, coffee makers, etc...
    ~Our master bathroom set (shower curtain, rugs, toothbrush holder, soap dispenser, wastebasket, etc..)
    ~A few of our sheet sets

Bed, Bath, & Beyond:

~Fine China and stemware
    ~Fine silverware (the fancier stuff)
    ~Bathroom set for the guest bath
    ~Down comforter
    ~Duvet for comforter
    ~Nicer sheet set, pillowcases, etc..
    ~Towels
    ~Knife set
    ~Calphalon pots and pans

Crate & Barrel (our favorite!)

~Everyday dishes
    ~Everyday silverware
    ~Various barware and other entertaining items
    ~Candlesticks
    ~Various neat kitchen and outdoor grilling gadgets
    ~Everyday silverware

If we could go back and do it again, we would have eliminated Target since most of what we had there could have been found at BBB and you can use 20% coupons at BBB which you can't at Target. Other than that, we had great experiences at all 3 stores and have nothing but good things to say about all of them.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks! this is very very helpful! 
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One piece of advice my mom gave me - even if you're not into fancy serving dishes or don't plan to entertain, register for a few anyway.  People will buy them regardless, so you might as well give them some guidance on the style(s) you like.

She was right - we got every glass serving dish we registered for plus a few others.  I was so glad we registered for those because I am not a girly-girl at all and could only imagine what intricate, crystal bowls we'd have gotten instead of the simple designs I picked out.  We've also used them WAY more than I ever anticipated.
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP esp about registering for some of  the fancier stuff. We didn't and recieved several that will probably be regifted at some point.

Making a list is great. Figure out what you guys have together, and of that what you want to replace. Don't worry about the price because you will be very surprised by people's generosity, but also make sure there are some less expensive items.

Also, I discovered that BB&B will give you cash back for any returns, which is a nice perk.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just an fyi- I LOVE Target and we registered there for most of our kitchen stuff plus more (our second place we registered was Bed, Bath and Beyond)... BUT I have already had 2 issues with Target's registry. When we first did it, everything showed up in the store, but then a lot of things weren't there when I looked online. I had to call and got it fixed (they did send me a $5 gift card for the trouble, though). Then, my aunt was having trouble with it the other day and she said the guy at the kiosk next to her couldn't get it to print out. I am still happy we registered there because I love their stuff, but just be prepared to *possibly* have some technical issues. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. 

Also, when we registered at B, B & B, they sat us down, talked about the wedding and showed us what we needed to do. The guy even brought us bottled water as we were walking around scanning things! They are very accommodating- you should register there too if you have one by you and if you are planning on registering at more than one place.

Finally, don't let what I said discourage you from Target. It is a great place with awesome merchandise! I just wanted you to be aware of what happened to us- just in case! 

Have fun girl! It really is a lot of fun! 
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget luggage! FI and I picked out an awesome luggage set from Macy's on one of our registries. Also- if you think its fun (even if not necessary) register for it. Just because it's on there doesn't necessarily mean you will get it AND you get a discount for all registered items that are not purchased- so have fun!!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards