New York-Long Island
Options

Photography for $1500.00 Max. On Long Island?

Wondering if anyone has any leads on a photographer? The absolute maximum we can spend is $1500.00. 

We're both film school graduates, so we're really into VERY photojournalistic photography, can't stand faked "candids" ,  or cheesey effects or "posed" pictures, though we do concede some will be needed, we would like the majority of the photographs to be of the  "fly on the wall", variety, no retouching (photoshop - what a blessing and a curse!) , and unique like ourselves. 

I know it seems like we're asking for too much, it's just that we know what we like from experience and the photographers we've sat with  problem is their starting prices were anywhere from $2,500 - 4,000(!)......

We would ask friends to take pictures, BUT I'd rather have my friends enjoy themselves and not be hired help....

We're also more than willing to print out our own pictures and make our own albums for the parents, because of my fiance's double sets of parents (divorce and remarriage) that seems to be where the price starts going up, what with multiple albums and all...

I need a consensus to see if we're being terribly unreasonable, or too particular.

Thanx. 

(wanted to post this on the Local Board....posted it somewhere else already by mistake..oops! Smile)

Re: Photography for $1500.00 Max. On Long Island?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine does what you're looking for, but I don't know his current prices.  www.wasimonline.com
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    wonder if any of the photography students at local colleges would be willing to make some extra $ this way. that's a small budget-but since you know what you want and havve been in the industry and studied it perhaps having other students who share your likes/dislikes would be a good fit.

• Options
    moyajenechkamoyajenechka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Julian Ribinik offered our friends (we recommeded them) who were on the budget to send his master shooter for that price and they had 8 hours wedding. You can send them an email and ask if they can do it...

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    give a call to Alexis and Keith of Alexis Stein Photography, I am sure they will help you out. www.alexissteinphoto.com

They shoot in the style you are looking for and 2 for the price of 1 if they are both available. You really can't go wrong with at least giving them a ring. I sent their info direct to you in a PM as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the recomendation! Smile
  • Options
    scrumpchy78scrumpchy78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try speaking with Ken Hild. He is very reasonable
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographers small package is 1500.00 red sweatshirt photography 
    We are very pleased and it seems a ton of people are on other sites that we have been to. Give them a call, worth talking to. http://www.theredsweatshirt.com
    Just Married Photo
  • Options
    zipfmzipfm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kent Meister Photography has a $1500 package.  www.kentmeisterphotography.com He's fantastic - and is also partner in a film company so it seems like you'd get along with him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...kinda was stressed out there the other day...still kiinda feel that way, BUT found a photographer(s). I just called someone had recommended on the local boards. They were WAY outta my price range...but I was honest and upfront and said I have only 1500 max to spend, BUT we LOVE your work! They're doing the  whole day, no overtime charges (ceremony is at 2:30, reception isn't till 7:00pm) and we get the rights to all our images, all are images on cd's / dvd's forget which in both hi and low res.  OH and we get two photographers that day, and an engagement shoot.....what a blessed rellief!

They're SO NOT cookie cutter types, they're work is amazing. We're SO happy, plus they're genuinely nice people, that I won't mind having at our wedding! Laughing

....so now on to other things! .......
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    happy for you, who did you end up going with? this all sounds great but there is no mention of a name?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Alexis Stein Photography. If their prices are too high, talk to them about your budget rather than running away. We did and they were so helpful. We booked them right after that conversation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who did you end up booking with because my budget for photographer is around the same price.  Every where I looked they want double which I think is crazy.
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards