Wisconsin
Options

Are you having a Head Table?

Ok, so I have posted on the community message boards, and been attacked because of my thoughts on a head table, so I'm just wondering, are you having one in your wedding, or not?  Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Are you having a Head Table?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    By the way, yes I am having a head table...and I don't think they are stupid.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not having one, because I don't want to separate my sisters from their partners. :)

It's just personal preference.  I don't think one is better or worse.

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having one and see people have them all the time.  It is one of the few things that I envisioned about my wedding... sitting at the head table and having people clink glasses... that just says wedding to me. 

Most of my WP will not have dates, so we won't be splitting couples up... aside from my BM who is married... and before her wedding she informed me that head tables are "super-tacky."  She and her husband went and ate in a separate room at their reception (I think that is way more wierd). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Ehathewa, that does sound really strange that they ate in a completely different room...but Yes, I have always had the vision of a head table and everyone standing up and seeing the wedding party stick out, that is what I see as a wedding! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Fi wants a head table....

So odds are we will do that - I plan on putting all the SO of the bridal party close and wtih each other since they will have hung out a bit for rehersal and such....

However I was leaning towards the sweetheart table....
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    elexanicaelexanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had one! I've never heard of not having one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had one, the room was built perfectly for a spot for one. We ate, toasted and then no one sat down at it again. (lots of dancers and bar visitors) The couples were separated for literally an hour at best. 

Looking back I'm not sure I would have enjoyed a sweetheart table or any other set up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had one, I like the tradition.  It worked well for toasts and for us to talk to and see our guests.

The so's of our wedding party were seated with other friends and family members (we okay'ed the seating ahead of time with them).  No one even suggested to us that it would be a major inconveinience to not be seated together for the dinner.

My thought's: really?  I love my DH but I am able to survive a dinner without sitting next to him :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not having one but that is because we are not having a sit down dinner. We might have a table for just FI and me, so we can put stuff down and what not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not having one, for a couple reasons.  It doesn't really fit my personality, or the theme of the wedding.  Also, spouses/dates aren't separated from one another.  My fiance and I will be sitting at a table with 6 other people, which will include our 3 siblings, my sisters husband, my co-maid of honor, and my fiance's co-best man and his wife, all of which are part of the wedding party.  I think it's mostly about personal preference.  I just don't care for head tables, but if you like the idea, then have one.  It's your wedding, and you should do what you like and prefer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I posted about this on the other boards too.  It's amazing how defensive people get about things when people offer opinions to the contrary of theirs especially about things that I see as insignificant details.  But maybe people don't think it's so insignificant??  Different things are important to different people.

Personally, I think it's entirely based on personal preference and kind of what would work best in your venue.  My FI and I have a decently large WP and don't necessarily like the look of having a really long HT but we also don't really like the sweetheart table idea.  Not the look, just the concept of being at our own table.  We want to be seated with our friends basically.  So this is a work in process for us.

Luckily for us, all of our WP's dates went to college together and are friends.  It's pretty easy for them to socialize no matter where they are.  I know that's not always the case though on how well people know eachother.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sick of being attacked for having a head table WITHOUT the SO's.  I have never been at a wedding without one (except purely Polish weddings).  If the SO's and your BP can't sit apart for a simple hour, then there are huge issues.  All SO's at our wedding are sitting at a table.  Most of them know each other anyways.  The only SO's that are sitting apart from the other SO's are my uncle (my aunt is a BM).  He will sit with my grandmother, since he is a good 10 years older than the other SO's. 

Do what you want.  If people want to crab about it, then too bad for them.  You can't please all of your guests, as much as you try.  Personally, I <3 the idea of head tables!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol, I wish that there were "like" buttons on here like there are on Facebook. :0)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards