Christian Weddings

Weekly Recaps!

It's that time again! Weekly Recaps.

List five highlights, lowlights, events or thoughts about the past week in your life!
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Weekly Recaps!

• 1. I sent off for my passport yesterday! One step closer to India and Ryan!

2. I attended a balloon release that was a memorial for my friend's daughter who died, as well as a fundraiser for perinatal comfort care, a national organization that helps families who receive a fatal diagnosis for their unborn child.

3. My Ryan got called by a job he'd talked to about a week and a half ago. They had offered him a job, but at a much lower pay than he'd told him was his minimum (or than we could live on) so he'd turned them down. So apparently they've not found anyone else and were calling him back. He was firm on the price and the woman he talked to is talking to her supervisor to "see what we can do".  Hopefully they come back and offer us a living wage! :) (I can't legally work the first year in India, so Ryan has to have a job that can support both of us by itself.)

4. I received not one but two very important calls about my future. Can't share here, but it's great to see things moving.

5. Sent off my old Nook, which was having problems, after receiving a new one because the Nook experts said they were sure it was a device issue... but the new one is doing the same thing. I think it's an account or file issue.  I was very sad to have to send my perfectly good Nook away, but if I didn't they'd charge me for a second Nook. Ah, well.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • 1. Got placed for my 90 hour teaching field experience! I will be in an AP Psychology classroom and I'm THRILLED!

2. Went to Disney World with FI! We had a blast!

3. Our "exit" song was confirmed! We were really worried the violinist wouldn't know it or couldn't play it.. we are walking out to "Married Life" from Pixar's movie UP!

4. Got some school work done... hey, any school work counts! This semester is tiring already!

5. Getting prepped for my 5k run this weekend! Race for the Cure!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited January 2012
    1. Got an A+ on my first exam of the semester! I got a 100/100 on my 1st exam in my Counseling Techniques Class.

2. Decided when we are joining the church we have been attending We decided that in 3 weeks God willing we will be making that next step and joining the church we have been attending for the past 4 months. I am so excited!!!!! The Lord has brought us so far and I am so excited to see the journey He is taking through. It’s been such a true blessing!

3. Finalized the groomsmen’s attire We were able to pick out the tan suits and teal tie and vest. I cannot wait to see what they look like next to the girl’s dresses

4. Got up at 5 am this morning to workout. The new ab/core class at my gym is offered at the weirdest times and it has been a struggle for me getting up so early.  So I was able to get up and be on time for my 5:45 am class and I loved it! I will be doing that twice a week.

5. Mailed off most of the required paperwork for my internship. I have to turn in a ton of forms, plus get a background check, fingerprinted and get a TB test done. So I mailed off the required forms and the only thing left I have to do is get my TB test and turn that in as well. My application is due on 2/15 so I am just trying to get everything together.

EDIT: My spacing was off
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Invitations are here! We ordered our invitations through VP and they came on Saturday. They look great! I can't wait to mail them out.

2. Parish committee FI got nominated for a committee at church to help with the new minister. Very excited for him

3. p90x I started doing P90X to help me get ouf of my running rut. It is so much fun and I love the challenge of the exercises.

4. Ceremony Music We finalized the ceremony music and sent it off to my cousin who is playing the piano for us. My dad also picked out the song for the father/bride dance. He choose "in my daughters eyes" by Martina McBride. I don't know how I am not going to cry

5. sickness I have been battling a sore throat and upset stomach so I haven't felt like my normal self. Hope it goes away quickly
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Found my hairdresser for the wedding! This has been a HUGE long ordeal and I am so relieved to have finally completed this!
    2. May have gotten the job I applied for! Got a call today from the GM of the company wanting to sit down tomorrow morning to 'go over a few things'
    3. Photobooks of our Epics arrived that we made for our mothers, can't wait to give my mother hers! FI's mother is local, but my mother is 6 hours away...
    4. Planned a trip to visit my family! We don't get up as often as I'd like, but we're going up for a full long weekend in Feb, and I am SO happy to get to see them!
    5. Found the perfect locket to use as a bouquet charm with a photo of my father in it for the wedding AND its a great price from a really nice and easy to work with Etsy seller!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards