Wisconsin

Lambeau Field $$

FI and I are from northwest Indiana, but he is a huuuuge Packers fan. We recently visited Lambeau Field and learned that they host weddings and receptions. Has anyone had their wedding at the field? I looked at the price listing online and it doesn't seem nearly as bad as I thought. We are in the super early stages of planning but we know that we are inviting less than 100 people, our budget is really small but we already know that we won't have to fork out thousands of $$ for a DJ, flowers, a huge cake, and possibly not photography. Anyone have any experience with a wedding at Lambeau? Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lambeau Field $$

• My friend paid to go have pictures taken there but I have not been to a wedding there. It worked out well for pictures. Sorry this is not much help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance and I went to a family friend's wedding there 2 summers ago and had a great time! The ceremony was in the balcony area and the reception was in an open area by the luxury boxes. For whatever reason, I thought they were actually getting married on the field... haha, they didn't, but I do think they took pictures down there!

Pros are the multiple hotels and bars within walking distance and obviously ample parking! Also, since the spaces were very open and already decorated, there wasn't a lot of actual "wedding decorating" to add. 

Really the only compliant (totally nitpicky) that I have was that there weren't allowed to serve shots (not 100% sure if this was the stadium's policy or a request from the bride and groom) and that they made all of their drinks exactly by the book using shot glasses to measure, ect. Although, that might be good depending on how you look at it, since its harder for people to get needlessly super intoxicated!

Also, given the decor and the flooring/carpet, certain color choices might not work very well but you'll have that with almost every venue to some extent. We had a plated meal. The portions were very big for a plated meal, however, we had the NY Strip and some of the meat was very very rare, which might just be a nonissue by working closely with their catering company, ect.

Best of luck planning! :)
  • A few things to keep in mind (based on personal experience and family that works with the organization). I haven't looked to see if the new menu and prices are up yet, but the Packers have a new food partner, so you'd definitely want to get an idea of any major pricing changes. I believe the new partner is the same as the Milwaukee Brewers, but could be wrong. The main thing that stopped us from booking at the venue was the location of the bar area. It is not in the same area as the dinner/ dancing, but outside the room. The last wedding we went to there had half the guests outside by the bar, or wandering around the stadium (they had one of the skyboxes open for people to take pictures in). The poor bride looked so upset that so many of the guests wandered off for long periods of time and missed much of the reception. Since most of my and FI's family is not from GB, we knew this could be an issue. We are going to have our RD there, though. That way our OOT guests can linger as long as they like! Also, you can take pictures in the stands, but you will absolutely not be able to get on the field, no matter what time of year it is. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck with planning - the event coordinator at Lambeau is fantastic!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_lambeau-field?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:4f70a02b-86c5-4c1b-872c-680871fc911cPost:e9d0d757-c9a0-4ea4-878a-7b7e40573624">Re: Lambeau Field $$</a>:
    [QUOTE]A few things to keep in mind (based on personal experience and family that works with the organization). I haven't looked to see if the new menu and prices are up yet, but the Packers have a new food partner, so you'd definitely want to get an idea of any major pricing changes. I believe the new partner is the same as the Milwaukee Brewers, but could be wrong. The main thing that stopped us from booking at the venue was the location of the bar area. It is not in the same area as the dinner/ dancing, but outside the room. The last wedding we went to there had half the guests outside by the bar, or wandering around the stadium (they had one of the skyboxes open for people to take pictures in). <strong>The poor bride looked so upset that so many of the guests wandered off for long periods of time and missed much of the reception. Since most of my and FI's family is not from GB, we knew this could be an issue</strong>. We are going to have our RD there, though. That way our OOT guests can linger as long as they like! Also, you can take pictures in the stands, but you will absolutely not be able to get on the field, no matter what time of year it is. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck with planning - the event coordinator at Lambeau is fantastic!
    Posted by MichelleJ16[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I didn't even think of this! It would prob be an issue for us too, then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my ceremony in the Miller Lite Endzone last October; the cost was $750 to rent out the space. I believe to have the ceremony inside on the North Balcony the cost was $1000. When we initially were looking into having our ceremony and reception there, they had a package for $10,000: ceremony, reception, food, drink, everything. Not sure if they are still doing this. We did not book our reception there due to the cost of food and drink since the tailgate buffet was $32/person when we could have gotten something proetty comparable for $24/person elsewhere. And as previously stated, drinks were expensive for one shot of alcohol.
    FormerlyMsKrop
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards