Ohio-Columbus
Options

Suggestions for Dinner?

Hello again ladies!

Just wondering if anyone can think of a nice place in Columbus that I can take our 40 guests to for a nice dinner or lunch. I would prefer if we could reserve a private room, but I guess it's not completely necessary. I don't go out to eat a lot in Columbus, so I am not sure at all what there is out there, and I would rather go on word of mouth than internet searches.

Thanks!!

And yay! My ticker is updated!  less than 8 months to go!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestions for Dinner?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh boo, It should have been updated. Meh, I'll work on that :-P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    loislane906loislane906 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Brio at Easton or Polaris both have separate rooms that you can rent. Also, I believe that Buca di Beppo has a private room too. You could also try going to citysearch.com for Columbus and putting in "great for groups".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP on both. We've had work Holiday parties at Brio and I've also checked with Buca when I was planning my cousin's wedding.

LaScala in Dublin is always sending me fliers. The pictures look really pretty.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Spaghetti Warehouse, Tony's Italian Restorante, and Schmidts all have private rooms too (and are all reasonably priced!).
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having our rehearsal at Si Senor in downtown Columbus for about 30 people, but it can hold up to 50 comfortably. The owner is doing a 'private event' dinner for us, since he is usually just open for lunch during the week (more of salads and sandwiches). He is preparing a special meal and at a reasonable price for our group. PM me and I can send you his info if you're interested.
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Schmidt's.  They have 2 private rooms upstairs with a separate bar and restrooms from the restaurant.  I went with a buffett meal, including cream puffs for dessert of course, and it was only about $15pp which is all inclusive.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our rehersal at La Scala in Dublin.  Their prices are really reasonable and the food is really good!  The front room is really nice and our friends had their reception in that room as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    spainstaceyspainstacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our Rehersal is at Bravo in the worthington area.

THey also have a Private room.

When i checked Bucca Di Beppo most of their rooms they showed me were semi-private.  Meaning no one else would sit in that room, but  it's really not designed as a banquet room.  More as a section of the resturant
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at DeepWood. We had a little over 50 people, so they had to block off most of the restaurant for the party but we never knew there were people other than us there. They also have a private room that can hold 45-50 people. They let us pick form anything on the menu - we chose one dish from the lower price menu, they came with another option for the same price so ew knew how much we were paying no matter which option the guests ordered for dinner, choice of soup or salad, 2 types of wine, and I brought a groom's cake for dessert.The staff was amazing to work with and helped us stay within budget, they threw in a lot of extras (like menu cards and centerpieces), and the food is out of this world delicious. And I thought the pricing was very reasonable. We went there again on our anniversary and everything was just as perfect as our rehearsal dinner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards