Military Brides
Options

Wow

This board never really has anyone post usually :(  Everyone how is all the wedding details coming? colors? dress? cake? florist? dj? location? military theme? military leave?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wow

• Options
    Marcia1215Marcia1215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree! This board is really quiet.
    Wedding planning is coming along pretty well.  All the bridesmaids have their dresses. Booked the DJ last week. Invitations were mailed on Friday.  Had cake tasting on Saturday. Am meeting with a few florists this coming weekend. Only 53 days let. Hoping it all comes together.
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just about done :-) Had our third meeting with the priest yesterday, no all that's left to do is get the house in order for tons of guests! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty new to actually posting stuff on these boards but the stuff that I've seen from all of you in the military section is so comforting!! We're having a JOP wedding next Friday, but he lives in AR and I live in NJ and since he's deploying later this year, I won't be moving there just yet. We currently set the date for our Catholic wedding for March 2011 so we have a long ways to go, but hopefully I can use that to keep me busy while he's deployed... Keep posting the advice, its so helpful!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well sounds like everything is going good.. I just had my hair consulation tonight, iit was good and looks cute! Ya I hope the wedding plans helps keep busy doing the deployment, it's so lonely when they aren't here..
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:79d2c52d-4472-4917-8199-b08b5ad500a7Post:5906b024-93f2-49bb-aa62-918d7abadbcf">Re: Wow</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had my hair consulation tonight, iit was good and looks cute! 
    Posted by blondiealwayfun[/QUOTE]

<div>Pictures, please!!!</div>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

All my stuff is going really good!

I have all the vendors booked. Dress is bought and in. Girls have ordered dresses. I have shoes.

Our "big" things left are purchasing rings, picking out tuxes for the two civilian guys, our cake tasting/design appt and our E-pics. Then it's details like fittings, folding the invites and addressing them, etc.

Today is my 4 month mark too!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    well lol that's the funny thing I didn't take pictures last night, my mom was getting her hair dyed and our hair dresser seemed to be more into that. :( But I have the pics that I liked and it pretty much looks like this.. I wasn't that happy last night, so she tells me your going to have to come back and get your hair dyed, I was thinking isn't it more important to get my hair done then my mom's lols and I can't seem to figure out how to upload the pics..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  This board is so quiet!  We gotta pick it up girls :)

Colors: black, claret, hot pink, various other shades of pink

Dress: Princess!!!!  Haha it's strapless ball gown with swarovski crystals at an empire waist...tulle skirt...LOVE IT

Cake: three-tiered, white fondant, with claret ribbon and black scrollwork icing

DJ: iPod all the way ;)

Military Theme: yep....out the wazoo haha
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww is that your wedding location in your siggy?
  • Options
    AggieGirl2009AggieGirl2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so new to posting, but since I'm down to 5 months, the wedding planning has really been picking up.  This week we met with our cake baker and designed our cakes.  I am really thrilled about them because she is doing something that she has never done before.  I'll have to post a picture after I have a copy of the contract with the sketch on it.  I also picked out our cake topper, which will be from militarycaketoppers.com (it is the couple sitting on the edge of the cake tier)

Cake tasting is next week, I plan to go shopping for BM dresses this weekend, and I think I am going to jump into deciding on a caterer next week.  That's a huge check, and I'm a little scared to get started.

I feel so behind on this because military stuff takes precedence, of course.  When I feel like planning, I convince myself to go to the gym to get ready for that PT test, but I guess working out is wedding related in a way???
  • Options
    evabeeevabee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well planning has been hectic because FI and I just decided to move up the date of our wedding from Jan 2011 to July 2010! So everything has changed from a winter wedding to a summer wedding. Ahh!

Colors: white, ivory, and blush (so far)
    Dress: Lace! Very old-school and modest with buttons up the back (i LOVE it)
    Flowers: fresh flower bouquets and in all my girl's hair.
    Cake: FI is choosing, but I know he want's chocolate.
    DJ: iPod as well!
    Military Theme: Not themed but he'll be in uniform.

• Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Evabee! You'll have to come over to the July 2010 board! It's very nice over there. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Colors: aubergine, black, & gold
    Dress: Fabulous! And vintage inspired with buttons down the back...I LOVE IT!
    Cake: White buttercream with aubergine scrollwork and our Willow Tree Angel Promise topper...I am mildly obsessed with Willow Tree Angels!! :)
    DJ: iPod (I'm so glad to see so many others doing this as well!)
    Military Theme: The ceremony and reception venues make it the default theme I suppose and everyone will be in uniform... but we are incorporating the Fleur de Lis where we can without overdoing it. SO EXCITED! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Colors: purples, ivory, touches gold and deep red
    Dress: Elegant strapless modifed ball gown with crystal beading at drop waist and on back of skirt.
    Cake: White buttercream with purple orchids and deep red roses. Red is to honor FI's chinese heritage. 
    DJ: location Ft Myer Officer's Club
    Military Theme: The ceremony and reception venues make it the default theme- FI and some GM will wear mess dress (joint service- Navy, AF, Army) and we will do Arch of Swords.  Little touches of miltitary but not completely military.  Just enough to acknowledge this part of FI's life since age 12! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even notice there was a military board! Im so excited!  We are getting married February 19, 2011 in a castle in Connecticut.  My fiance is a Navy recruiter so thankfully we don't have to worry about deployments or relocations.  Planning is coming along. We have been engaged for 7 months and have our location, florist, and DJ.  We just need to find our photographer which is killing us because they are so darn expensive!  

So, I wanted to hear what you ladies thought.  Since before we were even engaged we had been talking about wedding attire.  I really want a traditional wedding where the groomsmen and my fiance wear tuxes.  So our compromise has been that our colors are navy and our military guests will be asked to come in uniform.  I sometimes feel badly that hes not getting married in uniform, but then again I have my vision of the wedding as well.  Am I being unreasonable?  UGGH!  =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards