Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Advice on Wedding at Adventure Aquarium

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the boards and just got engaged! We have been wanting to have our wedding at Adventure Aquarium for quite some time. I saw the venue this morning and I'm in love!!!

My only decision is whether or not to have it in the Aquarium or Currents ballroom. Does anyone have any advice of feedback on one vs. the other?

I appreciate your help!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Advice on Wedding at Adventure Aquarium

• A coworker of mine went to a wedding there back in January and said it was absolutely amazing. I'm not sure which ballroom they were in though.
    Anniversary
  • Booth are great, they really take care of everyone over there. Personally I like the aquarium space, but the ballroom is a little more classy.
  • edited September 2012
    Congrats on your engagement!

I had my wedding at Currents Ballroom in June. I love the ballroom and it's such a unique and stunning space. The main thing I didn't like about the aquarium space was the smell. I also got feedback from my guests that they loved the shark tank walls in the ballroom and it was nice that they could see the Philly skyline from the windows. 

Either way, the aquarium is amazing! I have nothing but positive things to say about about the staff and venue. 
    Anniversary
  • I was a bridesmaid in a wedding in July that was held in the Currents Ballroom and it was spectacular.  The shark tank as a backdrop was beautiful!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Thank you all so much for the replys! It really helps to make the decision. It seems like everyone leans towards the ballroom there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And LorLor22 - your wedding picture is magnificent!!! Any other tips you have about the venue would be greatly appreciated :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks! :) If you are working with Stacy, she is amazing. She was really helpful and accommodating throughout the whole planning process. I'd also recommend looking at their list of preferred vendors. Carl Alan, Bredenbeck's Bakery, and Center Stage Entertainment were all fantastic and easy to work with. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or I can help you with anything!
    Anniversary
  • Can you comment on the price of having your wedding there? I requested info a few days ago but I'm so impatient!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards