Oregon
Options

more rehearsal dinner restaurant ideas

I have read some of the other posts on here about the rehearsal dinner. I'm looking for a place that can do a rehearsal dinner for about 55 people. maybe more or less. I'm open to have it from downtown Portland to the Beaverton/Tigard area..to Clackamas. even Hillsboro possibly...or even other surrounding areas!

Re: more rehearsal dinner restaurant ideas

• Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your rehearsal?  I highly recommend keeping the dinner 10-15 minutes from your rehearsal location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    its in milwaukie...but we are having that on Friday and the rehearsal dinner on Saturday..so it technically doesn't need to be near the venue. I checked into the Old Spaghetti Factory...so far that is one option.
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah, gotchya!  Well in that case, what kind of food or feel are you looking for?  Budget?  There are so many great places in Portland - Kell's, Old Town Pizza, several of the McMenamin's properties...so many options!  I understand why you need some help, my brain would be on overload!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really liked Drama's recommendation for Weatherford's Grand Lodge in Oregon City.  It looks like a fantastic place, and if I wasn't going for a less expensive pub-feel for my rehearsal dinner, I'd probably have looked into there a little closer.
    You might check that out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I just don't even know what to look at when I think of rehearsal dinner....food for other people to eat. I tried the pizza thing out on the FIL's and they weren't feeling that so much. Which is perfectly fine. The way rehearsals go in their family is all family in town that night is invited.
     So I don't care what kind of food as long as they had a couple options to choose from. I'm also checking into Rheinlanders, Its a German place I guess. I have never been.  I added the McMenamin's properties to my list to look into. I'm trying to keep it not $40 a person, I mean everyone will basically have that for the wedding. Plus I think my FIL's are paying for it....but at this point we are planning it as if we are the one that will foot the bill. So if it can be under 20 a person I think we would be fine with it.
     4  months to go and I think I'm starting to feel slightly stressed from all the wedding stuff :-)  So thanks for all the help I get on the forums!!
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, $20 pp or under, able to fit 55ish, I'll do some looking around and get back to you :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Multnomah Falls restaurant would be pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards