Military Brides

Military Discounts for Wedding Suggestions?

I am curious to know if any of you know any companies/businesses that do Military Discounts? I am interested in any and everything in a way that we can help shave some money costs, becuase I'm beginning to realize that all of the aspects of a wedding are adding up quickly.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that you know of.

Thanks.

Re: Military Discounts for Wedding Suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    Almost everyone offers discounts when it comes to military. Just ask I know there is a clause when it comes to venues.
    True love is the souls recognition of it's counterpart.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Just ask.  Some places advertise, others you have to ask.  And check to see if they will do a military clause in your contracts in case of a transfer or deployment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've had A LOT of luck with getting military discounts from different vendors. Like PPs have said just explain the situation and ask, it never hurts to try. Even if they don't officially have a set military discount a lot of people will work with you to give you a discount, especially if they are really trying to book someone for that date. I'm two months away from my wedding date and only started planning two months ago, so with it being closer to the date than the typical wedding (and with the economy) people really wanted to book and were willing to cut deals. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its hard to tell you specific vendors if we aren't in the same area.  We asked every vendor we booked if they offered a military discount.  Some did, and some didn't.  Generally the ones that didn't offer a discount were much lower in price than their competitors anyways, or they threw something in for us.  For example, our limo company didn't offer a military discount, but they threw in a free "Just Married" sign in with our names on it for the back of the limo.  Just ask everyone you call, and also be sure to ask about military clauses in case you have to change the date or cancel.  We knew we were going to have the wedding we wanted, regardless of when it had to be, so we just made sure we could change our date with no penalty.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, just ask! I've asked and have had luck and some places just don't give them, even in SoCal 20 minutes to Camp Pendleton. It's really hit or miss, but sometimes you'll get lucky and have someone who was in the service owning the business or someone who loves our military. Good luck!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo for dresses and accessories
  • I saw on another post brides across america gives woman bridal gowns at low or no cost as a way to say thank you.  Something else to look into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards