California-Tahoe

Hi there - Looking for Wedding venues in Lake Tahoe ( IM from Texas )

Hi Ladies,

I am wanting to find breath taking venues in Lake Tahoe. My fiance wants to get married near the mountains for the beautiful scenery. We are hoping to get married in November if we find the perfect venue and the weather is perfect.

We wanted to get married in colorado but due to someone getting married in the fall before us we can't now because its full of snow in November in the location we wanted.

We want to get married outdoors and have a lovely reception. We are not having a huge wedding. Under 150 PEOPLE for sure.

Any advice would be helpful. 

Thank you so much!

Merissa
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi there - Looking for Wedding venues in Lake Tahoe ( IM from Texas )

• ilneigeilneige member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,
    As a warning, it's entirely possible that there will be snow on the ground at Tahoe in November.  You might get lucky, especially if your wedding is near the beginning of the month, but I'd definitely be prepared for that possibility!
  • sims703sims703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got engaged in Tahoe at the beginning of the month and there was def a lot of snow.  
  • sims703sims703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The beginning of November that is!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Kirkwood Resort, which is near the Tahoe area and is actually a ski/snowboard resort in the winter and in the summer/fall it is very nice with wildflowers and meadows. I would definitley reccomend it, but you probably should get married no later than october, thats when it started snowing there this year!
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!

Tahoe is so beautiful, how exciting that you're planning your wedding there!  I live in Reno :-)  My fiancee and I are getting married at The Chateau at Incline Village on September 10 of this year  It's not right on the beach, but it's definitely not far away.  It's so gorgeous..beautiful views of the mountains and trees.  The ceremony is going to be outside on the grass overlooking the golf course with the forest in the background, and the reception is going to be inside in this gorgeous room that has an outside balcony/bar area as well.  They have heaters and fireplaces incase it gets cool.  It truly is a beautiful venue.. they do all the catering too!  The staff that I've dealt with there so far has been really helpful and friendly, and it's awesome because most of my vendors are familiar with the venue too so they already know what's going to go where and all that.  Let me know if there's anything more I can tell you.. you should consider it!  Congratulations!! :-)

~Tara
  • edited December 2011
    HI, so i live in Truckee, Ca which is in North Lake Tahoe, and i got married last Summer at The North Lake Tahoe Event Center. That place is pretty awesome, it's right on the beach so it has the most breathtaking views of Tahoe and the Mountains.

Because you are looking in november, you are more then likely gonna get snow. So make sure toy have an indoor plan with heaters. But it could melt pretty fast too, but just be prepaired. Also that is prefor the ski season so you can also get some killer rates for Tahoe! I had my room block at a hotel in Truckee and they said that the best time for savings for you and your guests is not during ski season or summer.

Good Luck!
  • Jaime E.Jaime E. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in South Lake Tahoe and pelesnow is right, you will more than likely have snow or it will at least be cold outside. I would recommend checking out Edgewood in South Lake Tahoe. It's a beautiful indoor venue and I believe they have significant discounts in the off season... not sure when that starts for them though. North Lake Tahoe Events Center is cool too, so is Granlibakken (N. Shore), Northstar at Tahoe, The Ridge (S. Shore) and The Hyatt (Incline Village). I've photographed weddings at all of these places and they're all very nice. 
    Best of luck to you!

Rose Street Studio - Photo. Video. Photobooth.
  • amc80amc80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even if there isn't snow, it will probably be way too cold for an outdoor ceremony/reception. Check out Sunnyside and Garwoods...both are right on the water, and both do weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards