Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

low-budget ceremony and reception venues

My fiance and I are really laid back and plan on having small intimate wedding in fall 2011 hopefully with under 75 guest. We are considering an outdoor ceremony. Please recommend any idea you have.

Re: low-budget ceremony and reception venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that House of Broel on St. Charles is quite nice for small weddings.  They offer the option of an outside ceremony, and the prices are great for those on a tight budget.  Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation is a venue on the Westbank that has outdoor ceremonies. Their prices are higher than House of Broel but they can accomodate a larger group.  I've also heard that Smilies in Harahan is exteremly affordable, but there is no outdoor option that I am aware of. Best of luck!
  • Options
    lbmsrlotrlbmsrlotr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its an indoor venue, but Andreas restaurant is VERY budget friendly. They have a nice banquet room with a separate entrance from the restaurant itself. The banquet room has a smaller attached room for the ceremony.
  • Options
    samc86samc86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both I will definately check those out.
  • Options
    dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How low-budget?

My reception budget is around $2500 and I'm having difficulties finding a place within that budget for 35-40 people.

So far the people at Broussards and Court of Two Sisters have been the most accommodating.

Good luck!

Caroline
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having @ a 50 person reception at the St. Louis Hotel. We're getting married on a Friday night in December and the minimum is $4,000. That seemed pretty reasonable to me. We went for a tasting last week and everything was excellent. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want something really unique, you can charter one of the St. Charles Streetcars.  They seat up to 55 people, but additional people (up to 75) can stand.  You can have it stationary at one of two locations, or it can be moving (which is what we did).  For the rental it was around $400, but it makes for a ceremony location that is truly New Orleans and something people will be talking about for years.  Just make sure you have a good sound system so people can hear over the sound of the car!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also try Messina's in Kenner. Their prices are on the website messinascatering dot com. I went their for an anniversary party and it was great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are super broke.  Southport Hall is where we booked.  It's a music venue, and it's not frilly at all, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun.  The packages start at about 23/person and the manager seemed really nice, flexible and laidback. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    samc86samc86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks that place definately sounds in budget
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at southport as well. My experience so far has been amazing! Jay is the manager and replys quickly to all my needs! Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked at Benachi House & Gardens. if you do a Friday or Sunday it is only 1500, but does not have its own catering.

We toured at House fo Broel also and it wasnt what I personally was looking for, but the outside area is very pretty, just much smaller than what I expected, you couldnt do the reception part out there. and the lady was very against havng live music. basically its an all in one type venue.

City Park also has some really good options and it's beeeeeautiful. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards