Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Budget Photographers

Hi! I'm getting married in April of 2013 and I'm looking for a less expensive photographer (around $1,000). I obviously don't want /expect albums, an engagement session, or an all day photographer for that price.

I am already meeting with Kara Knutson and Elisabeth Ann Photography.

Can anyone reccomend other good photographers in my price range so I can interview a few more?

Re: Budget Photographers

• Check out Bellagala. Haven't worked with them but they have a lot of photographers in your price range.
  • My photographer is Alyssa Rei. My photo package is 8 hours and $1000. Check her out, she's awesome! https://www.facebook.com/AlyssaRei
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I'm using Imagen International, and they're not much more expensive than that.  Just under $1100.  You get engagement photos if you book with them.  They're very professional.  The catch is that you don't necessarily know who your photographer will be for your wedding day, but you can make requests.  So far I've been super pleased, but I haven't had wedding photos yet.  That'll be in a few weeks.  I honestly think they're one of the best values for professional photographers.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Stacy Roloff..we got an engagement session and photobook plus all day coverage for under $1000!
  • I'm using Mark Palas Photography.  He's $1200 for 8 hours with an engagement session and you get all the rights to the photos.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • twar0009, YGPM! Thanks:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! 

I've sent Alyssa Rei a message regarding her prices, so hopefully she will be free for my date.

I have gotten in touch with Imagen International and I LOVE their style...its been hard to find a unique style in my price range...so I was really impressed. They already have a soft hold on the date and should know by the end of the week if the date is booked. :-( They also have some negative reviews as far as getting your photos back to you in a timely manner, and aren't very communicative after your event (acording to other forums and their FB page). I figure though that its more imporant to get the photos I want, even if I have to wait 3 months and hound them the whole time. :-)

I also have a friend that could potentially take our photos. She's working as a 2nd photographer to a great photographer who's work I love (Erin Johnson) but who's packages START at about 3 times my budget! I'm meeting with her (my friend) next week to see what she has been taking lately, and talk to her about prices. I know the risks to having a friend do the photography, so I'm keeping that all in mind as I meet with people!

Thanks for all of your help/suggestions!
  • I have nothing but great things to say about Elise from Elisabeth Ann Photography. She and her assistants were fun to work with, were flexible on the day of when I was running late, and the pics were gorgeous. She got me sneak peeks within a week, and I had all my images 6 weeks after the wedding. She was very prompt with emails, both before and after the wedding, and again, she just was really fun to work with.

I met with Imagen, and I just found them to be, well, not very interested in my wedding. Elise asked me about details about the wedding, was interested in the picture ides I had, and I really just felt like she cared, even at the initial meeting. I don't even remember the name of who I met with at Imagen, but I felt like they cared more about their reputation than my wedding. I also did not like that I couldn't pick the photographer, or wouldn't know who it was until the day of. I live out of state and did not have the ability to have engagment pics done, so knowing who my photog was going to be was very important to me. They also were not willing to split up the photographer and the second shooter, and that was a dealbreaker for me, as I wanted the second shooter to go take pictures of the guys so we could do as many photos before the wedding as possible. I know a lot of people really liked working with them though, and the pictures on their website were good, I just really felt like they were more interested in their portfolio than they were in my wedding. But I only met with them for an hour, so maybe they will be different at your meeting. :)
  • S images check it out on facebook. Great photos for a great price and you get all of the photos with printing rights
  • We used Trevor M Photography.  He charges $150/hour and was amazing! 
    www.trevormphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards