Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Proposal Spots

Hey everyone, I need some help. I am looking at proposing this fall and believe that dallas will be the place it is going to happen. Planning on the last week of september, and need some help finding a place to do it at. She wants something very personal, where it would be just her and I, with a spectacular view. It is going to happen in the evening, so the botanical gardens is out since they close at 5. Was thinking maybe a rooftop of one of the buildings downtown or setting something up along a lake somewhere around dallas? What do you all think. Also was trying to figure out where to eat either before or after the proposal. We will have a room at the ritz carlton so was thinking about fearings, but am open to suggestions. Thanks for your help!

Re: Proposal Spots

• edited December 2011
    Eat before. Afterwards there will be phone calls and crying and she probably won't want to eat then.

I have no suggestions though for where. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely eat before.  And have some wine for any nervousness!  It might be hard to get access to a rooftop alone if you don't live here.  Do you know anyone that does?  We have lots of friends with rooftop decks on their apartment buildings.  If you just want a great view, there's the five sixty restaurant at the top of reunion tower.
    imageimage Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips, the one thing she made sure I would promise her is that when I pop the question it will be just us 2, so doing it in the restaurant is a no go.  Is there any way to do dinner at the restaurant and then head up to the roof?
  • JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    South Side on Lamar gives you access to their roof.  It overlooks Dallas and would be the perfect place.  The Lofts are really cool and they have some cool little stores (that will prob all be closed by then).  Just go up the elevator and walk out on the roof.  Last time my hubby and I were there it was just us.  My sister and her friends went and it was just them.  It would be really beautiful at sunset.

Hope that helps!
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask the restaurant.  when my brother proposed, they are more than willing to accomodate since it's such an exciting time!  I'm trying to thick of a place where the rooftop is available, but I can't think of any.  Is there a restaurant that is special to the two of you?  Plus, it would have to be like you need a reason to go to the rooftop, so I'm thinking a walk near a/the lake would be better, in my opinion.

I was looking around and found this:  http://www.mipiaci-dallas.com/
    I read somewhere that they have a rooftop garden?  They also have a pond with a fountain outside.  I've never been before, but it sounds interesting.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI took me to Fearings after he proposed, and we loved it! It was really exciting to have some time blocked off for us together right after he proposed.. the phone calls (except for the most important few) could wait until later....
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in Deep Ellum the other day on Commerce and I saw a place that had a rooftop.  I can't remember the name but you would have the Downtown Dallas Skyline as your back drop.

At Reunion Tower, there's no real outside access. 

There's a little park/fountain square outside Union Station as you head towards Old Red and the Sixth Floor Museum.  I thought it was a very romantic spot and it would probably be fairly empty at night.
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Reunion Tower .. but you didn't want a resturant. Other than that I'm sort of clueless.

edit: Then I saw someone else suggested it. Maybe I should read the whole thread next time!
    Clever girl.

• edited December 2011
    My FI proposed at the creek waterfall in our neighborhood.  It's in Richardson though so about 20 minutes away from downtown.  Depending on what time you do it, you could be alone (we were, except for the photographer that was there taking our "holiday pics").  It's in Canyon Creek.  The back drop is gorgeous. 
  • edited December 2011
    We had dinner, went to a comedy show and then went to a hotel room where it was just us.  DH got a room with somewhat of a sky line view- he was disappointed with the room he got but I wasn't :)
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For dinner I would suggest Al Biernat's...it is off Oak Lawn

By far the BEST meal my FI and I have ever had

Not sure your price range but it will cost about $150-$200 for you two
  • edited December 2011

If you don't mind Ft Worth the Reata has a rooftop and if you tell them what it is for they can partion off part of it for just you too.  One of my BM is a bartender there and said that people use the rooftop to propose up there all the time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    One of my favorite spots is Celestial Park in Addison - http://www.addisontx.gov/Departments/parks/News___Articles/Celestial_Park.asp.

After that, I would recommend Mi Piaci, also in Addison. the tables outside are lovely overlooking a little manmade pond. Also nice are their private cellar rooms downstairs. These are intended for slightly larger groups, but you could request them and see.

For the record, Fearings would be great as well. I am just suggesting a location close to the park.

If you are happy to go a bit casual, the Texas State Fair is also on at that time. You could propose on the top of the huge ferris wheel. You would have a bit of privacy while looking out across Dallas.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fearings is lovely.  My husband took me for my 40th birthday and then we stayed at the Ritz.  We ate ouside by the pool at sunset.

We also had breakfast in our room the next morning which I highly recommend.  I'm lost on proposal suggestions though.  I can't think of anything spectacular nearby.

• DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like Japanese food, Tei An in One Arts Plaza has a really cozy dining room, and a rooftop lounge (that is usually not crowded unless it is late on a weekend)
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • what is the adress to the waterfall in canyon creek in richardson?
  • what is the adress to the waterfall in canyon creek in richardson?
    Canyon Creek subdivision is near Custer and Lookout (between Campbell and Renner) in N. Richardson, and the waterfalls are on W. Prairie Creek Dr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards