South Asian Weddings

Re: OL Wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties,
    I feel like I'm bad mojo for the board. I come back and it's dead.
    - Sad to kill the board knottie.

Dear parents of mine,
    We are giving your money back to you. It was nice you offered, but it comes with too many strings and we do not want to deal with it. So FI and I decided we will just give the money you gave us back so you will back off.
    - Constantly upset daughter of yours.
  • Options
    temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    DFW - I had a huge issue with the parents and money.  My mom REALLY wanted to pay for the wedding and have it totally her way.  She would not really accept us just paying for everything and she was more upset by the idea of us paying and her not having input.  In the end, I negotiated like this:

You can give us money and we will have the big, traditional wedding you want, but I must have X,Y,Z, or none of it happens.  (In my case, some big issues were the guestlist, style of invitations, my dress and jewellery, and the ceremony.)  The fact is that no matter who pays, a wedding is a family event and you will end up doing certain things because your family wants it that way.  Which is fine, as long as they are realistic about what they can dictate.  Both sides have to flexible and willing to negotiate.  GL!

Dear Horrible Cold,

It's time to say goodbye!  You've started leaving, now just take the intense head congestion with you.  I'm ready to move on and have so much to do and not being able to breathe, hear, or talk gets in the way of so many activities.

- not your friend, and stop visiting

Dear SIL,

Nice try!  Sending an email with your sob story about having no money to me instead of DH!  So not happening.

- love Bhabi who wants you to grow up
  • Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your money issues with your parents. Everything okay?

Dear Sister in Law to be ...at some point:

I know you don't like me. But can't you try to make an effort? I try to call, get to know you, I helped you plan your entire wedding over skype and the phone. I picked the china, the table cloths, I helped organize the space, I helped you pick your centerpieces. The entire menu, I chose, becuase you were too 'stressed'. I don't need a thank you but I would really like it if you try to befriend me. I am moving to England one day after I'm engaged and married and I'd like a friend. I keep trying to get to know you and your sister and it doesn't seem to work.

Love, I guess,

Your brother's girlfriend and maybe, soon to be fiance
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's more of a guilt trip they like to send me on. They already asked for some of it back.. So we decided to give it all. I'm being compromising, but I don't like dealing with. Stay here, do that, do this.. we gave you money!! I haven't taken money from my parents since I was 18.. why start now right?

I'm sorry to hear about the SILs.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear TK:

Stop being so wonky. Seriously. Not. Cool.

-raangoli

Dear DFW:

You didn't kill any posting "mojo"s, you're silly!
    Hope the nonsense with the parents calms down soon!

-raangoli

Dear Easter,

Please hurry up and pass so that I am not tempted by all the yummy chocolate and marshmallow treats in the stores.

-Someone who does not need a wider butt
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Friday,
    Please hurry it along, I feel like I have so little time to plan for my trip, and these extra days inbetween are not helping me get there! Oh also, it's extra special, in that it's pay day, so move if Friday, just move it!

Sincerely,
    KP

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear work,

Please stop asking me to be three people.  There is only one of me, and there are only so many hours in the day.

Grudgingly,
    Over-worked and under-paid.

Dear guests,

Send back the #&$^% RSVP cards already.  I went to the trouble of stamping them for you, checking the box and dropping it in the mail really isn't so hard.

--the bride

Dear FI,

Thanks for the chinese food and ice cream, it's just what I needed after work!

love,
    christyhal
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards