Gay Weddings

Bridal Suits

Hi everyone. I'm sure this has been covered before, but my fiancee is having trouble finding a suit that will look nice on her. She's rather petite, so I am unsure about her buying a man's suit and having it tailored. Anyone have any luck or suggestions with this?
We live in Charleston, SC but are getting married this September in VT.
Thanks!

Re: Bridal Suits

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_bridal-suits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:805c1c6f-0e1d-4cf4-b975-ab453384ebc9Post:06efe59c-297f-421d-a2a0-6cf22c2dce61">Bridal Suits</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone. I'm sure this has been covered before, but my fiancee is having trouble finding a suit that will look nice on her. She's rather petite, so I am unsure about her buying a man's suit and having it tailored. Anyone have any luck or suggestions with this? We live in Charleston, SC but are getting married this September in VT. Thanks!
    Posted by jmuck77[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I've got nothing, except when I first read the topic, I thought it said, "bridal sluts."

Actually, that's not entirely true.  Depending on how she's built, (curvy vs. boyish,) a man's suit is unlikely to work too well.  I'd suggest getting a suit that's made to fit a woman, as it'll probably give a better fit to begin with.  (The more a suit has to be altered, the less likely it is to look perfect.)  My first thought would be to try Ann Taylor.  OK, that's all I've got.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • My honey (and a bunch of my more masculine friends) get suits tailored at Men's Warehouse all the time.  It just really depends on how feminine you want the suit to look.   If your partner wants a more feminine suit, I would go to Macy's or Nordstroms.. and shop in the career section for suits.  If she wants a tux or a more formal suit, you can easily buy a mens's suit or tux and get it tailored to her body.  I have one friend that is probably 5'1" and weighs about 105 pounds and got a suit at MW. 

Good luck!
  • Thanks everyone for your ideas. She's been away for work for a few months so I'm anxious to get her home and go shopping!
  • We found a nice suit at Dillard's, actually. We just changed to obnoxiously tacky buttons!

Good luck!
  • Hey! My fiance actually bought her suit at express. They have some nice women's suits that are clean and they look FANTASTIC!!!
  • hello..Even if you have purchased your suit already still check out the website The Butch Clothing company..It's afab site and the creator and tailor makes suit that is made for women but the suit is very "manlike"!  Hope this helps anyone else lokking for a suit for the partner...
  • Short dress, lovely style is a quite good choice
    This is my suggestion
    Congratulations on you
    All the best!
  • Short dress, lovely style is a quite good choice
    This is my suggestion
    Congratulations on you
    All the best!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_bridal-suits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:805c1c6f-0e1d-4cf4-b975-ab453384ebc9Post:67c472a1-1732-4c8d-aabf-bc1f148737ea">Re: Bridal Suits</a>:
    [QUOTE]Short dress, lovely style is a quite good choice This is my suggestion Congratulations on you All the best!
    Posted by Iris147[/QUOTE]

Short dress?  How are you even suggesting a short dress when the poster is asking about a SUIT !?????????????    
  • Thanks everyone for the additional suggestions. The one about the dress though does make me laugh. The last time she probably wore a dress was 40 years ago!
  • You may want to check out Dutchess.  Their flagship store is in Portland, OR but they have a 2nd location in San Fran. 
    Don't let all the pics of guys throw you, they cater to teh LGBT community and have off the rack as well as custom.  A bit $$, but lovely.

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_bridal-suits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:805c1c6f-0e1d-4cf4-b975-ab453384ebc9Post:06efe59c-297f-421d-a2a0-6cf22c2dce61">Bridal Suits</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone. I'm sure this has been covered before, but my fiancee is having trouble finding a suit that will look nice on her. She's rather petite, so I am unsure about her buying a man's suit and having it tailored. Anyone have any luck or suggestions with this? We live in Charleston, SC but are getting married this September in VT. Thanks!
    Posted by jmuck77[/QUOTE]

I design exclusive bridal suits for the dscriminating same sex marriage partners.. I am located in the tri state area
    feel free to contact me for a quote!
    <a href="mailto:bashertdesigns@aol.com" rel="nofollow">bashertdesigns@aol.com</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards