Louisiana-New Orleans

Ceremony Venue

Hello all :)

I've been attacking past forums here and feel like I owe Google dinner for the abuse I've caused it, but I'm still searching.

Does anyone know of any places to have just a ceremony? I'm not looking for catering so no wedding packages, which is what most venues seem to want to contract you into,. I would just like a pretty courtyard or whatnot for a brief ceremony. (Reception will be at a restaurant)

Thanks for any help! 

Re: Ceremony Venue

• edited December 2011

Are you looking for the French Quarter? If so, try the Hermann-Grima House and also the Beauregard-Keyes House. Neither are restaurants, so you don't have to have any food served. Depending on the size of your wedding, you might also try Degas House (it's a B&B, so it's not so large).

Good luck!!

• Tate2274Tate2274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pharmacy Museum.
  • heatherfitzheatherfitz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry! Yes, French Quarter. And it'd be for around 30 people. Thanks for your suggestions! :)
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally if I had a small budget and small number of guests, I would just try to see if I could have my ceremony in the courtyard of the restaurant.  I'm sure the charge would be nominal.  If you were to book a separate venue, it will likely cost you an extra $500.  I'd rather put that money towards food.
  • bougeweddingbougewedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Board of Trade Courtyard for our ceremony only.
  • edited December 2011
    For the permit fee, you can set up a few chairs and do it in Jackson Square, outdoors. If you do it on one of the sides, and not right in front of the Cathedral, you might get the nice ambiance a courtyard can sometimes provide.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • asd2011asd2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Jackson Square. Beautiful back drop for a wedding!
  • heatherfitzheatherfitz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards