Destination Weddings Discussions

S'more-dipped cherries recipe by popular demand!;)

LOL...I feel like a movie announcer! ;)
Since I tackled this yesterday for the first time, I'll throw in my pointers in parenthesis...maybe it'll help...

What you'll need:
2 jars (10 oz. each) maraschino cherries with stems
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups (9 oz) dark chocolate chips
2 1/4 tsp shortening

Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice.  Pat cherries dry with paper towels.  (I put them on a paper plate covered with paper towels...then I individually wiped each one off...tedious I know...but I didn't want the marshmallow creme not to stick.)  Pour reserved juice into a small saucepan; stir in marshmallow creme.  Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.  Remove from heat.

Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl.  Coat each cherry with marshmallow creme mixture; allow excess to drip off.  (This sucked because it took forever to drip...but trust me...you want it to...otherwise you have a big gooey mess on the baking sheet.)  Dip in cracker crumbs.  Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cover (which I didn't do) and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.  (I had my main tray in the fridge and would transfer between 6 and 10 at a time to the fridge, otherwise it looked like my creme was slowing rolling off the cherry.)

In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.  Partially dip cherries into chocolate; allow access to drip off.  Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set.  (This whole process took me a little over an hour...but oh so worth it!)

Enjoy Maura and ladies!  :)

Re: S'more-dipped cherries recipe by popular demand!;)

• These sound heavenly!  Thank you for sharing!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_smore-dipped-cherries-recipe-popular-demand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:f00ba406-6383-41f6-949e-99ae2d1c1219Post:e1d7a7c6-3be4-4a38-926f-a77622214f29">Re: S'more-dipped cherries recipe by popular demand!;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]These sound heavenly!  Thank you for sharing!
    Posted by Kayla&Brian412[/QUOTE]

Not a problem!  I'm not at all domestic...and the fact I can make these makes me glad to share!
  • Wow!! These sound amazing! I think I'm going to make these for the NYE potluck I'm going to! Thank you! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_smore-dipped-cherries-recipe-popular-demand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:f00ba406-6383-41f6-949e-99ae2d1c1219Post:c3d434c6-0a90-4915-945a-1107d32eaacd">Re: S'more-dipped cherries recipe by popular demand!;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!! These sound amazing! I think I'm going to make these for the NYE potluck I'm going to! Thank you! :)
    Posted by Spazdoodles[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help!  Just be careful...you'll get sticky fingers while making these yummy treats!  Oh, but they're so good!
  • I might just have to make these. They look AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards