October 2012 Weddings
Options

Tell Me! Tell me! Music!!

I know there's a music board, but I prefer to go to you ladies anyway!

I need suggestions for the bridal party's entrance to the reception. Tell me whatcha got!

Re: Tell Me! Tell me! Music!!

• Options
    We wanted something fun..so we are using "Highway to the Danger Zone"
    We also considered "Bad to the Bone," and "Funk Soul Brother."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We entered to "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're also using Home for the bridal party. FI and I have our own song - Charlie Brown, by Coldplay.
  • Options
    We did "Mahna Mahna," but we had a quasi Muppet theme, so it made sense for us...
  • Options
    We had the theme song from Rocky! I didn't think we'd have any kind of entrance, so the DJ surprised me with it (H probably talked to him about it before cuz the DJ knew everyone's names). It was so fun, he announced everyone like fighters too, giving them an intro and stretching out their names.
  • Options
    We were going to use Soul Bossa Nova  from Austin Powers LOL http://youtu.be/0t0fZeySNck

but DH decided against it and we just did our own entrance... since the bridal party wasn't at the head table...

another idea we had was the jeapordy theme... since everybody is waiting for the MAIN ATTRACTION which is you and your FI lol

• Options
    we aren't doing a bridal party entrance. although i saw an entrance to "Forever" by Chris Brown and the WP weaved around the tables dancing.
  • Options
    We went with a piano only version of "The Only Exception" by Paramore. When you take some of your fav songs and only put them to piano they are amazing and classy sounding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We played "Stand By Me" and two of my BMs got all teary but it was fun and cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_tell-me-tell-me-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:698310cb-e56b-4eca-b332-c09cf244278fPost:0008eb1f-59ba-4735-8d82-65d59ac3fc72">Re: Tell Me! Tell me! Music!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went with a piano only version of "The Only Exception" by Paramore. When you take some of your fav songs and only put them to piano they are amazing and classy sounding :)
    Posted by lovchristina[/QUOTE]
     Most of my dinner music was instrumentals of popular love songs. :) Happy Together (our song) on cello was pretty amazing.

Our party entrance was from the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack. The track is called "Test Drive." DH and I entered to a song from Independence Day.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We didn't do that but I might consider Boom, shake the room! by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince Cool
  • Options
    Our BP entered to Kanye West's All of the Lights.  We wanted to make sure we got the reception started right with some party music!  :)  Also it was fitting because our venue had the most kick-ass in house lighting system so when the BP entered, it looked really cool and went with the music.
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards