Indiana-Indianapolis

Hawthorns CC

Has anyone had or attended a wedding here? We are narrowing our choices down and we like this one a lot, but I'm looking for more information and personal experience, especially recently. Thanks!

Re: Hawthorns CC

• edited December 2011
    I just attended a wedding there last Friday.  It was very nice.  The wedding was actually outside with a view of the golf course and the sun beaming down on us, but it still was very beautiful.  The reception room was nice size also with plenty of windows to look out of, restrooms right out of the room, and a balcony.  It was very nice and many different photo opportunities!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in November, and so far all of the planning has gone really well!  I like the idea of having a coordinator in Stephanie to make sure everything runs smoothly without paying the insane prices for a wedding day-of coordinator.  And my fiance and I also both just fell in love with the ballroom; it was the only place we really liked in our price range!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married there...I wouldn't recommend it. The place is amazing and the staff is really great but Stephanie was horrible. She is very rude and stuck-up. Besides just being generally hard to work with, she said a couple very rude and inappropriate things to her co-worker about the way we wanted our tables to look...right in front of a member of our bridal party. If you're rich and don't mind going along with how she envisions your wedding, then go for it. But I think you're money is better spent elsewhere where the people actually care about you and your big day.

If you search for Hawthorne's, you'll see another thread with some more input from other girls.
    *I'm officially a married lady!*
  • Peyton210Peyton210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Lindsay,

I am so upset to hear you think I'm snooty, stuck up and rude. Never would I ever want any of my brides to think that.  I really wish you would have said something to me instead of writting all of your hurtfull posts on the internet so that I could have the chance to do something about it. I would be more than happy to have out out for a complimentary Anniversary dinner on me here at The Hawthorns! I also want to say that I think whatever I said about the centerpieces was mis-understood. In fact I think your centerpieces were awesome and I was totally envious of you doing them all by hand and they turned out great along with your programs and I thought your idea for Mad-lib invitations was awesome! I'm so sorry you had a bad experience and I would like to treat you to dinner here with us.  I sincerely hope all is well and if I can ever do anything to help make up for this bad experience you had please let me know! 

Sincerely,

Stephanie Rice
  • anastasiazanastasiaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding here in May of next year and contrary to what "bebefolle" has indicated, it was the excellent customer service and attentiveness on Stephanie's part that made our final decision for us.  I literally have emailed Stephanie 30 times since this process began and she is always quick to respond (within the hour) and signs her name with a smiley face.  I have come in to show so many friends and relatives the venue and I am welcomed with a hug every time!  It has been so awesome to feel like a special bride.  My experience with the Hawthorns has been nothing but pleasant and informative and I could not be happier with how things are going.  I'm really sorry that the Hawthorns has been given this negative commentary, but in my experience, we have everything we could possibly want in a venue with Stephanie and the Hawthorns. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't choose Hawthorns because it just wasn't our style, but I do have to say Stephanie was so sweet when we met it was one of frontrunners because of that.  Very few other vendors listened and were as attentive. Because of her,  I have recommended the Hawthorns to several other brides because I knew she would take care of them.
  • krosebrockkrosebrock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually photographed a wedding there last year and it was a nice, laidback atmopshere and made for good photos.
  • sarailingsarailing member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married there this November and think it will be amazing!  The ballroom is beautiful and I love how the ceiling is vaulted in one side of it.  The lockerroom facilities will  be perfect for getting ready the day of the wedding! 

I have had great experiences with Stephanie so far in my planning process.  She has answered all of my questions quickly.  I have requested to stop by several times and she is always willing to show us around again.

I like that they will take care of everything for us as far as setting up goes, one less thing to worry about!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This was one of our top choices, until we found out the food and beverage minimum (even in the off season) and the 22% service charge.  I understand why venues mandate in house catering and impose a service charge but our food and beverages would have cost nearly all of our budget.  We ended up going with a venue with a more expensive rental fee BUT they allow outside catering and we booked a caterer with no service charge and no food/beverage minimum...now the cost of the honeymoon fits in the wedding budget :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards